SLA setting on pioneer HU

ok maybe i should of asked this when i first joined here lol anyways i never wondered until recently about what the SLA setting is on pioneer HU? i have mine set at -2, i keep loud off and i keep the bass very low on the HU, like -6 most the time due to mids n highs being powered off the HU. i will get a amp for mids n highs in time but just wondering what that SLA is and if that being at -2 and the bass being set at -6 give me any probs or anything when i set the gains on amp/amps. im still in the build process but once i get everything i will set the gains then so wanting to figure this out while i wait lol. thanks for any info on this

-Dan-

If I were you I'd set the SLA to 0. That is where I have mine set on my deh-6000ub and it has always been fine. Your right to have your bass in the - cause it will sound better that way. I always prefer to set my bass low to keep distortion down. For spl, I keep it at flat though for the strongest and cleanest signal I can get. It's not as clean as it would be in the negative, but it's not as strong that way either.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

If I were you I'd set the SLA to 0. That is where I have mine set on my deh-6000ub and it has always been fine. Your right to have your bass in the - cause it will sound better that way. I always prefer to set my bass low to keep distortion down. For spl, I keep it at flat though for the strongest and cleanest signal I can get. It's not as clean as it would be in the negative, but it's not as strong that way either.

ok cool and thanks for the info. yeah have the bass down to avoid distortion in my mids n highs(coaxes) but was lost with the sla lol. thanks again mang

SLA is source level adjustment. each source except for the tuner have it. wit it at +4 u can get louder wit less power draw for spl purposes did testing while tuning once before but as nightshade said 0 is a good setting for sq play wit it ull see what im saying. gl!!

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

SLA is source level adjustment. each source except for the tuner have it. wit it at +4 u can get louder wit less power draw for spl purposes did testing while tuning once before but as nightshade said 0 is a good setting for sq play wit it ull see what im saying. gl!!

someone correct me if i'm wrong. ( i have the 6000ub)

with the SLA you get louder with less power draw. right?

I currently have my low pass on 50hz (from 0 to +2, +4 depending on song). My local shop told me i could have it all the way up (+6) if i wanted too, it would not hurt the subs. as long as there is no distortion.

My question is this. is having a '+' on the LPF bad?

Should i be using the SLA instead of the '+' on the lpf?

(oh yea, bass is on 0)

*my bad if my question dont make since. i've knocked down a few brews. :drinks:

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

someone correct me if i'm wrong. ( i have the 6000ub)

with the SLA you get louder with less power draw. right?

I currently have my low pass on 50hz (from 0 to +2, +4 depending on song). My local shop told me i could have it all the way up (+6) if i wanted too, it would not hurt the subs. as long as there is no distortion.

My question is this. is having a '+' on the LPF bad?

Should i be using the SLA instead of the '+' on the lpf?

(oh yea, bass is on 0)

*my bad if my question dont make since. i've knocked down a few brews. :drinks:

I have the same HU. The + and - that you are saying is part of the lpf is actually the sub level control and has nothing to do with the lpf, although is shows on the same screen. SLA - Source Level Adjustment is so when you go from tuner to CD to MP3 or iPod there is not a huge volume difference, if that makes sense.

Archived