Box Design for 2 18" BTL's in a Avalanche....last page

cnate777

Dude that amp is on the lower side of what a btl can take, i my self am running 3000+ ,and we all know steves pushin 5k to his. i had the same prob that your having i actually blew mine only 2 weeks after i got it. I blew mine because i accedentally was messing with the subsonic filter and i turned it all the way down, then a couple rounds of Young jeezy white girl http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif and pop goes the weasle.

better yet, what does your electrical system look like? since we all seemed to miss that one.. how many batts, what type of alt, what sized power wire?

that would start burning the coil and limit excursion not add to it

low voltage makes the amp clip. when the amp clips it doesn't play full cycle it cuts off so less excursion and less cooling while adding heat

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

look, i tried to be somewhat helpful and i atleast told you, you should have your subsonic on, especially on a ported box, but your the one thats fucking up BTLs, not me, so dont act as if i dont know anything... go to a shop that installed your stuff and get them to set your stuff

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

are you sure you havent got 1 of the speakers wired out of phase to the other??? coz that sounds exactly like wats happening if the speakers are out of phase they are tryna force each other different directions

Your enclosure is not proper or you EQ is setup wrong....not the fault of BTLs at all....and people are trying to help you quit being fucking cocky.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

have you tried just running your sub rcas to your amps instead of to the 360 to see if it could be the problem? I dont know if you got the 360 set up for it, or anything about it.. But you could run your subs separate from the 360

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I tried that when I first installed it.......I might have to redo the box........one guy mentioned doing 10^ft3 box tuned to 35 hz.........it sucks but I might just have to eat the bullet

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Archived