I just got my Blazer (thead here), and I need some bass...

Right now, it has an Alpine headunit. It's ok for what it is, but would rather have a different one with a USB plug. My brother has a Kenwood HU that has a USB that he MIGHT let me use, not sure yet. The Alpine has a 12 disk changer hooked to it.

Anyway, here's the Alpine:

AlpineHU.png

Here's the disk changer:

0901091107a.jpg

For subs, I plan on getting 1 or 2 cheap 12" subs (until I can afford some Level 2 DC's)

And I have 3 options in mind.

Option 1:

Option1.png

Option 2:

Option2.png

Option 3:

Option3.png

Also, the amp, and placement will be determined later...

So, any suggestions on what cheap amp/subs to get for now? And which option to go with?

I would put 2 boxes side by side against the seat, but they won't fit, that's why I plan on building a box when I get the DC's (whenever that may be...)

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Unless its going to be a really long time till you can afford the DCs just wait. The money you spend on temporary subs could go towards the ones you really want. BTW I have that same headunit laying around really love that thing. A company called PAC makes a harness to use a usb with through the Ai-net

Edited by 01 S-10

TDH FTW !!!

:/

I was just talking to my brother, and he shot down all of my ideas...

haa.

Anyway, I told him I would be building my own ported box in the future, and he said "Don't do ported, the boxes are twice as big, and cost more. And don't build your own, just buy a prefab sealed one, its just as loud and sounds the same too."

I told him that building my own ported one and tuning it would be way better, and he asked where I heard that, I said from one of the biggest car audio forums out there, pretty much dedicated to bass. And his response to that was "Oh, don't believe the stuff on the internet, trust me."

This is coming from my brother, who has never had experience with ported boxes or building boxes, so he doesn't actually KNOW what sounds better, his mind is more on the "Save time, sacrifice money if necessary."

I told him I would be putting DC audio subs in at some point, and he shot it down saying "Oh that's an off-brand, get something good like Kicker or JL."

Just thought I would put that out there. However, I still plan on building my own in the future with 2 (maybe 3 just to show him up...) 12" DCs, so don't worry.

Hell, maybe if I feel like showing him what sounds better, I'll make 4 15"s fit in it. Think I could fit 4 15"s in a Blazer?

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

haa.

Anyway, I told him I would be building my own ported box in the future, and he said "Don't do ported, the boxes are twice as big, and cost more. And don't build your own, just buy a prefab sealed one, its just as loud and sounds the same too."

I told him that building my own ported one and tuning it would be way better, and he asked where I heard that, I said from one of the biggest car audio forums out there, pretty much dedicated to bass. And his response to that was "Oh, don't believe the stuff on the internet, trust me."

This is coming from my brother, who has never had experience with ported boxes or building boxes, so he doesn't actually KNOW what sounds better, his mind is more on the "Save time, sacrifice money if necessary."

I told him I would be putting DC audio subs in at some point, and he shot it down saying "Oh that's an off-brand, get something good like Kicker or JL."

Just thought I would put that out there. However, I still plan on building my own in the future with 2 (maybe 3 just to show him up...) 12" DCs, so don't worry.

Hell, maybe if I feel like showing him what sounds better, I'll make 4 15"s fit in it. Think I could fit 4 15"s in a Blazer?

Without a wall 4 15"s in a blazer would be hard.

haa.

4 15's fin nicely :D. as long as they dont need too much space. im sure there are some that wouldn't fit but there are quite a few that will. Ported is ALWAYS louder, Some people say sloppier but if done right IMO it can be just as tight as a sealed setup. If you need any help building a box for you blazer let me know. I Also own a 97 blazer and love it.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

lol ur brother is a know it all hahah

u can fit 4 15's in a blazer depending on how much u willing to sacrifice. i got a blazer in my back yard at home. they dont have much room behind the second row but with those seats down its a whole nother ball game

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build