Maxim Posted September 4, 2009 Author Report Posted September 4, 2009 Well, as long as my questions keep getting answered, might as well keep asking wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Maxim Posted September 4, 2009 Author Report Posted September 4, 2009 So I've been working on this for a while now, and I think I've got it. Well, at least most of it. I finished working on a calculator of my own, which took me WAY longer than expected. Even worse, I can't get everything to match up exactly with the calculators I found online. I'll post the download link here. If anyone wants to take a look at it and let me know what they think might be wrong, please do. Also, if you have any suggestions for improving it, let me know as well. Thanks so much! Sub Box Calculator.xls - 30 KB wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Sanitarium Posted September 4, 2009 Report Posted September 4, 2009 So I've been working on this for a while now, and I think I've got it. Well, at least most of it. I finished working on a calculator of my own, which took me WAY longer than expected. Even worse, I can't get everything to match up exactly with the calculators I found online. I'll post the download link here. If anyone wants to take a look at it and let me know what they think might be wrong, please do. Also, if you have any suggestions for improving it, let me know as well. Thanks so much! Sub Box Calculator.xls - 30 KB Doesn't seem to be working at all. Lots of clutter that's not really neded also.Feel free to rob some formula's from mine though as my tunings are matching online calculators perfectly.
Maxim Posted September 4, 2009 Author Report Posted September 4, 2009 Well, what I tried to do was make it so you could design your box for one of four basic shapes. A cube, a rectangular prism, a wedge, or a kinda weird second wedge shape (kinda like a trapezoid). I based the box shapes off the ones on the12volt's site. Anyway. You put in the width, depth, and height of the box to the right of the name of the shape you want to work with. You then input the port width, depth, and length, and how many common walls there are. It figures the rest out for you. I made it calculate 4 shapes for a few reasons. 1: I don't want to have to make different spreadsheets for different box shapes. I wanted them all on one 2: I want to be able to compare side-by-side the difference in volume and tuning of two different-shaped boxes I'm not gonna lie, it could be a lot neater/well organized/whatever, but I just wanted to get it all on there for now. All my formulas are nearly identical to yours, except one of yours uses the face thickness instead of the material thickness (I believe it's the formula to calculate total port volume). I added a box for face layers, so if you put in a material thickness of .75 with a face layering of 2, it's the same as putting in a material thickness of .75 and a face thickness of 1.5 in your spreadsheet. Other than that one multiplication factor, the formulas are the same. They might look a little different, but it's because I wrote mine independent of looking at yours, then just calculated them both with the same inputted values to see how close the results are. The reason mine's 30 KB and yours is 6 is because mine has all the formulas for the 4 box shapes, while you only need formulas for the one shape. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Sanitarium Posted September 4, 2009 Report Posted September 4, 2009 Well, what I tried to do was make it so you could design your box for one of four basic shapes. A cube, a rectangular prism, a wedge, or a kinda weird second wedge shape (kinda like a trapezoid). I based the box shapes off the ones on the12volt's site. Anyway. You put in the width, depth, and height of the box to the right of the name of the shape you want to work with. You then input the port width, depth, and length, and how many common walls there are. It figures the rest out for you. I made it calculate 4 shapes for a few reasons. 1: I don't want to have to make different spreadsheets for different box shapes. I wanted them all on one 2: I want to be able to compare side-by-side the difference in volume and tuning of two different-shaped boxes I'm not gonna lie, it could be a lot neater/well organized/whatever, but I just wanted to get it all on there for now. All my formulas are nearly identical to yours, except one of yours uses the face thickness instead of the material thickness (I believe it's the formula to calculate total port volume). I added a box for face layers, so if you put in a material thickness of .75 with a face layering of 2, it's the same as putting in a material thickness of .75 and a face thickness of 1.5 in your spreadsheet. Other than that one multiplication factor, the formulas are the same. They might look a little different, but it's because I wrote mine independent of looking at yours, then just calculated them both with the same inputted values to see how close the results are. The reason mine's 30 KB and yours is 6 is because mine has all the formulas for the 4 box shapes, while you only need formulas for the one shape. Your's has some good ideas in it for sure. especially to make it less confusing in the end. but considering a wedge, you would consider the depth the average of the short side and the long side, so in calculation: they're still square.
Maxim Posted September 4, 2009 Author Report Posted September 4, 2009 Well, I made a few small updates to it, and wrote in some instructions on the bottom if it looks confusing. I'm getting wicked tired, so I'm gonna sign off for now. I'll post the link to the updated one below. If you know anything else I can do to make this work any better, please let me know. I don't want to be designing boxes and later find out that I did them all wrong. Thanks for all your help answering my questions! Sub Box Calculator.xls - 32 KB wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Torres Posted September 4, 2009 Report Posted September 4, 2009 the link you just posted doesnt work. for me it didnt at least. but i assume the one in your sig works? if so, i put in the same dimensions in both your calc and mine. i notice that i put 0 in yours for shared walls, so basically making it a square port in the middle of the box, not a slot port, with 20x20x20 for box size. and 10x10x15 for port, yours comes up with 2.85 cubic feet, net volume. now...in mine, same dimensions, i have to check slot port, and the port bends checkbox in order for it to come up with the same volume. otherwise i get 2.52 cubic feet with a tuning of 67.86 hz. with those check boxes checked, i get the same volume, and the tuning is only off by .12 hz. which is not bad at all, except mine is made to look like a slot port, while yours is a square port. otherwise it looks pretty good. i would suggest a box to figure in sub displacement as well. since the more woofers you have, the more it'll displace and the more it'll change results.
Maxim Posted September 4, 2009 Author Report Posted September 4, 2009 I was gonna put in a sub displacement part, but I wasn't 100% sure where to put it in the formula. I would just subtract it from the gross volume along with the port displacement, correct? If that's right, then I'll add the box in there and add it to the formula. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Sanitarium Posted September 4, 2009 Report Posted September 4, 2009 I was gonna put in a sub displacement part, but I wasn't 100% sure where to put it in the formula. I would just subtract it from the gross volume along with the port displacement, correct? If that's right, then I'll add the box in there and add it to the formula.Yeah, just subtract it from from box volume before figuring final volume and tuning.
andym85 Posted September 5, 2009 Report Posted September 5, 2009 here is the problem i see with ur calc.... port length...is set at 12" long, and port displacement is figured on the 12" long port... but the width is 10"...so end correction is going to account for 5" of your port length (10/2)....leaving you with a physical length (length of wood) of 7"....and the 7" length needs to be used to figure displacement....and the 12" length needs to be used to figure tuning... other than that it doesnt look to bad at all... i likes me some audio stuff...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.