Another Big Three Question

I am looking at installing another battery in the front of my truck under the hood, can I run the big three upgrade to that battery, and then connect that battery to the main battery and then back to amp... would that work? I would like to do this because the location of the second battery I can not run the power cord to the amp unless I add to the line before the fuse, so from the battery to the fuse, I would have like a 4-5' fun, I dont want that long of a run right?

Heres a pic(not my truck but same model) of how the batteries would have to go...

underhood.jpg

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

maybe its because i just woke up, but that made no sense what so ever.. why cant you do it?

the big 3

Pos batt to pos on alt...

Neg batt to ground

Engine to ground..

its completely seperate than everything else

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I want to add a second battery under the hood, so I would wire it like this

+ on alt to + on second batt.

- on 2nd batt to block

- on 2nd batt to chassis

+ on 2nd batt to + on main batt

+ on 2nd batt to amp

would that work? Any reason it would not work?

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I want to add a second battery under the hood, so I would wire it like this

+ on alt to + on second batt.

- on 2nd batt to block

- on 2nd batt to chassis

+ on 2nd batt to + on main batt

+ on 2nd batt to amp

would that work? Any reason it would not work?

First i do the big 3 then connect the second battery in parrallel which would be + to + and - to - This would get the most power out of your battery. You might get a hard time charging the second battery. It seen to work but i would connect the positive wire to the main wire to the starting battery first then second battery. DON't FORGET TO FUSE + Wire to each battery otherwise you might start a fire like that avatar you have there...

Archived