Sundown Audio

Rookie mistake :/

HPI_Savage25

Ok so I unhooked my amp the other day to wire up my Stinger voltage meter. When hooking it back up I got my cables confused and hooked - to + and vice versa...blew the fuses. Anyways I figured that part out and hooked it back up correctly then put new fuses in. The amp turns on fine but the remote knob doesn't work (blue power light comes on) but when I go to normal volume it isn't as loud and if I go higher it will go into protect mode. "Loud" before was on 20/50 and if I go to 21-23/50 it isn't nearly as loud and goes into protect. Thinking that since the remote knob doesn't work it might not be the same settings and then of course amp issues. BTW the amp is a Sundown 1500. Hoping I can get it fixed.....Any thoughts (Besides of how much of a dumbass I am sounding)

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

Ok so I unhooked my amp the other day to wire up my Stinger voltage meter. When hooking it back up I got my cables confused and hooked - to + and vice versa...blew the fuses. Anyways I figured that part out and hooked it back up correctly then put new fuses in. The amp turns on fine but the remote knob doesn't work (blue power light comes on) but when I go to normal volume it isn't as loud and if I go higher it will go into protect mode. "Loud" before was on 20/50 and if I go to 21-23/50 it isn't nearly as loud and goes into protect. Thinking that since the remote knob doesn't work it might not be the same settings and then of course amp issues. BTW the amp is a Sundown 1500. Hoping I can get it fixed.....Any thoughts (Besides of how much of a dumbass I am sounding)

It happens to the best of us, I just built a box a guy and ran his speaker wire underneith, well him and his dad built a metal box to go under the speaker box as it rests on it in the back of a extened cab ranger. The speaker wire ran out the bottom right where they put the metal box and enough driving around the box moved and cut thru ground faulting the speaker wire and back feeding the amp which smoked it!

Jacob is a great guy, he'll take care of you

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

I poped some caps in an Xtant amp. Hooking it up backwards. lol

Alpine CDA-9847 HU