So here's a list of my new PC parts....

But first off, let me stress, "I'm not a gamer". I think the most intensive thing I'll ever ask from my PC is HD Video processing, recording, playing (over my monitor, as well as my 46" flatscreen, as well).

Anyway, no, it's not an i7...... but I still managed to more than "double" my expected PC build budget. Oh well.

Motherboard - Gigabyte EP45-UD3P {gets excellent reviews}

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...02&CatId=13

Processor - Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115131

Power Supply - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W {I was taught that PSU's are like car stereo amps.... cheap ass companies will put BIG wattage numbers on them, to sell more..... but reutable companies like Corsair, "really will produce, what they say they will". This one weighs more than another companies 800 and 1000 watt models did :)}

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139005

Hard drive + Operating system - Seagate 500gig + Windows Vista Ult 64 bit

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...2&CatId=139

Memory - OCZ PC2-8500 Low-Voltage Blade Series (4 x 2gigs) {I read some reviews that said this stuff works at 1066 with only the "default" 1.8 volts, but it can still be pushed to 2.1 volts or more if you really wanted to. Don't think I will need to though}

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo...ge_blade_series

Graphics card - ATI RADEON HD4670 1GB DDR3 {remember, I'm not a gamer, but this is still maybe the weakest link of my setup. Figures... the one freaking thing I didn't research the $#!+ out of, and it turns out to be a POS :-( (lousy reviews anyway) Thinking about returning it to Best Buy right now..... But what to replace it with, in the $150 range ???

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...customerreviews

So, do you think this should be a pretty kick ass setup > even though it's not set up with i7 ?

Peace,

Fish

im definetly looking forward to pictures of the pc build up, i have always wanted to build a computer from nothin and make it a beast, but 1 i have no knowledge in what goes with what, and 2 im broke lol

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Fish, you need to stick with a CPU that has 12mb cache, as you can REALLY benifit from the added cache ram as adobe programs would love it. So go back with the Q9550. And I told you about the graphics card. In the 150 range there is alot of options. First to mind is the GTX260, GTS250, ATi 4850, 4870 if you can find one in that price range.... Also, the NB on the motherboard is going to be freaking taxed out populating all 4 dimm slots. I mean you'll be ok, but the heat generation from it is going to be very high,. Be sure to add an active fan over the NB (should be either a 40mm/60mm fan) and add a fan over the ram as-well, you'll thank me later on, trust me!

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Nevermind.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Need to drop the Vista! Roll with XP Pro. I am a certified tech, no one like vista.

You Can still get xp from ebay.

8 gigs of ram, that alone should help it run smooth. With 8 gigs I would turn off the pagefile. I have it off and only have 3 gigs in my cheap lappy.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

I really like Intel, but AMD is better for video IMHO, and is cheaper for the same power level. You could get a good 3.0 GHz for the same price as that Intel. Like I said, I like Intel. For high end gamers, they are better.

There is no "ONE" better then the other one in this case. how can you possibly say what you did, what do you have to back that theory of yours up with? Im not an Intel lover, nor AMD lover, so dont call me a fan boy, but what fish listed is a decent combo of parts for what HE IS LOOKING TO DO WITH IT.

Need to drop the Vista! Roll with XP Pro. I am a certified tech, no one like vista.

You Can still get xp from ebay.

8 gigs of ram, that alone should help it run smooth. With 8 gigs I would turn off the pagefile. I have it off and only have 3 gigs in my cheap lappy.

I'm NOT A CERTIFIED TECH, and I can tell you that, being that YOUR CERTIFIED, you should have atleast told him to go with XP Pro64. As XP PRO wont utilize past 3.25GB (or just round off to 4gb to make it easy) XP was/is/will always be a solid OS, however Win7 is a vast upgrade from Vista too, so dont leave that out. I may not be a CERTIFIED tech (Not that it matters) but I have been in several states here in the US attending OCing parties or whathave-you, doing several comps, attempting to breaking world records for ocing E6600, FX55, FX55san-diego, FX57, P4 3.73XE, P4 2.4NW, Q6600, and a few more, so I hope no one doubts what knowledge I have. I dont think I need to be CERTIFIED lol........

Edited by newls1

that motherboard is going to need a few fans on it.. word is they get HOTT... and why 64bit? why not 86... very few programs like 64 and it really is a waste unless your running a server... it takes a lot more resources really makes the cpu work... as for ultimate nix that and go with home prem... there really isnt much of a difference besides ultimate hogging resources....

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

EDIT: Nevermind. Every time I give my honest opinion about computers, I get flamed.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

There is no "ONE" better then the other one in this case. how can you possibly say what you did, what do you have to back that theory of yours up with? Im not an Intel lover, nor AMD lover, so dont call me a fan boy, but what fish listed is a decent combo of parts for what HE IS LOOKING TO DO WITH IT.

In NOT A CERTIFIED TECH, and I can tell you that, being that YOUR CERTIFIED, you should have atleast told him to go with XP Pro64. As XP PRO wont utilize past 3.25GB (or just round off to 4gb to make it easy) XP was/is/will always be a solid OS, however Win7 is a vast upgrade from Vista too, so dont leave that out. I may not be a CERTIFIED tech (Not that it matters) but I have been in several states here in the US attending OCing parties or whathave-you, doing several comps, attempting to breaking world records for ocing E6600, FX55, FX55san-diego, FX57, P4 3.73XE, P4 2.4NW, Q6600, and a few more, so I hope no one doubts what knowledge I have. I dont think I need to be CERTIFIED lol........

Sorry, I have had a few Heinekens. I figured he was smart enough to get the 64 in vista, would do the same for xp. I havent played win7 too much (had the beta for a min). And my certs are just some CompTIAs (easy to get) I am working on a few Cisco Certs! And, I never doubt anybodys knowledge.

I was just trying to get out the fact that vista is garbage, and thats why they have win7 coming replace so soon.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

that motherboard is going to need a few fans on it.. word is they get HOTT... and why 64bit? why not 86... very few programs like 64 and it really is a waste unless your running a server... it takes a lot more resources really makes the cpu work... as for ultimate nix that and go with home prem... there really isnt much of a difference besides ultimate hogging resources....

dude, are you serious. The P45 NB doesnt run any hotter then other previous Intel NB's. What causes a NB to get HOT, is the memory controller. With the more sticks you use (fill up in the dimm slots) causes the NB to pull more volts if you will, causeing the heat to build up if you dont have active cooling over the NB, but of course if someone read my first post, I covered this. There is of course other reasons a NB heats up, but that doesnt matter here.

Why not X86, cause IT IS OLD DYING SHIT, thats why. 64 bit is 99.99% backwards compatible with software now that it is 2009. And 64 bit for 8GB of mem addressing, but if you knew what you are "typing" about you might have realized that. Back when XP 64 came out in 2005 there was plently of issues, but for crist sakes, I can't stand it when people run their mouths and have no clue what their talking about. Are you going to reply back to me, swearing up and down that im wrong, perhaps calling me an ass too? I know this PC shit, cause its all i've been around (my choice) I may not know car stereos like Meade, Bill, David, Etc..... But I do know the PC.

Edited by newls1