DC Sound Lab

So after a week or so of building boxes and panels blah blah blah i fire this thing off with a SD8000.1 of course started with 0 gain and noticed a bit of noise from the cap but kinda disregarded it and with in a few seconds it was hanging on by a thread so i guess i need to know what kinda glue to put on this thing so it stays in place. As far as the sound and volume im happy with it considering we added an extra spider to the 184xl's and they arent broke in by any means so i look foward to getting some gain in this thing to really see what it can do.

i've always been told 20 hrs break in (i think thats what rockford/mtx subs say in their literature to boot)

you started at 0 which is good, personally I would basically jack it up a notch ever day until I find the limit (audible distortion, smelly, etc...use the common sense filter)

my xl's without the spider in a much larger box get smelly with 1500 watts if i play some crap clipped music. otherwise they take it without the slightest bit of issue and seem to want more. Idk how well they'll take 4kw apiece though, i'm assuming thats for burps and you'll play near tuning freq, but be careful with that.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

nope its for a daily thats more of a parking lot pimper so to speak.hes a pretty big local DJ so he had to have a good bit noise he is doing good so far and he is more than happy. i actually want to get back in it to tune it a bit more i didnt get much time with it when i originally finished and didnt have a good selection of music so i dont even know how low she will go yet so i gotta get him by the shop for a final tuch up soon.(and add a bit more power to) :D