Assistance needed with electrical setup please...

Yes LS1, it would be beneficial. Question. Do you only have one run of 1/0 going from each of your alts to your front batt? Wouldnt hurt to split that 300A up into more runs of 1/0 if that is the case.

EDIT: yes, i deleted my own post because i read incorrectly when you were referring to positive and not negative runs :D So i just made a new post.

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Yes LS1, it would be beneficial. Question. Do you only have one run of 1/0 going from your alt to your front batt? Wouldnt hurt to split that 300A up into more runs of 1/0 if that is the case.

have you looked at the picture? Just wondering

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Just to show that I'M paying attention, running a POSITIVE from each alt to the rear buss bars wouldn't hurt anything, but I can't say that it would actually help any. There could possible be a benefit from less current going through each run. Thats just a speculation since current will take the least restrictive path (path with less resistance). Just because those 2 new runs are connected to the alts, doesn't mean the runs themselves would have less resistance. If you have spare wire to use, why not do it. Not sure if it would be worth spending money on new wire though.

Wish I could be more help. Have you used a clamp meter to see how much current is flowing through the 2 runs you have now?

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

(edit, i maka no sensa in da mornin)

if u have the extra $100 for wire, why not... then ur ready for a power upgrade without getting more wire for the next setup

unless ur drawing more than 300a per wire it shouldnt be much of a difference since the wire can handle 350a

now connecting the rear bat - and the front bat - might lower ur resistance as much or more

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Just to show that I'M paying attention, running a POSITIVE from each alt to the rear buss bars wouldn't hurt anything, but I can't say that it would actually help any. There could possible be a benefit from less current going through each run. Thats just a speculation since current will take the least restrictive path (path with less resistance). Just because those 2 new runs are connected to the alts, doesn't mean the runs themselves would have less resistance. If you have spare wire to use, why not do it. Not sure if it would be worth spending money on new wire though.

Wish I could be more help. Have you used a clamp meter to see how much current is flowing through the 2 runs you have now?

hey, appreciate the feedback. I have NOT used a clamp meter, but will do very shortly as I need to buy one. I do not have any wire, but was thinking about running 2 runs of ground from the front batt, back to the rear as well, as maybe that will help things too. So I was going to purchase 35ft red, and 35ft black. I figure this upgraded wiring couldn't hurt anything, and possibly help.

the runs of 1/0 negative to the back are good .......... i have a run myself but will soon change my run of negative to a power. then i'll run to the frame in the back for grounds.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

hey, appreciate the feedback. I have NOT used a clamp meter, but will do very shortly as I need to buy one. I do not have any wire, but was thinking about running 2 runs of ground from the front batt, back to the rear as well, as maybe that will help things too. So I was going to purchase 35ft red, and 35ft black. I figure this upgraded wiring couldn't hurt anything, and possibly help.

If you run ground wire to the back, make sure you do it from the alt's casing bolts intead of from your front battery.

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

Sorry about that Newls, I'm seeing the picture now. Your positive runs are golden. The only thing I'd do is run two runs of 1/0 from the front battery to the rear batteries. Everything else will be superb. Now if you really want to get fancy, some guys run even more runs for even less resistance, but that's extra money.

Edited by lanman31337

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

If you run ground wire to the back, make sure you do it from the alt's casing bolts intead of from your front battery.

Really? So DO NOT run a ground from the front batt to the rear, instead, run a ground from the alt casing to the rear batts....