Second Skin Audio

i dont understand quarterwave design at all.

can anyone help me? i wanna start making tlines and quarter waves but i have no understanding of them whatsoever.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

ok, i understand length/tuning and size now, but dont you need like acceleration chambers, slaughter chambers, this chamber that chamber and every chamber inbetween? and can the whole box be one long port the same width??

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

ok, i understand length/tuning and size now, but dont you need like acceleration chambers, slaughter chambers, this chamber that chamber and every chamber inbetween? and can the whole box be one long port the same width??

You can make it ultra-complicated if you want to; then your box will never get built. Just read the T-line post and trust the numbers.

I have built a lot of enclosures and sometimes I still get butterflies waiting to see if it will sound good. They always sound just like they were supposed to and yours will too if you take your time and do it right.

Just do it! If you get stuck on anything, just post your questions on the Forum and I'm sure someone will help you.

Good luck! :hairtrick:

Uh, maybe if you're building the box to some exacting spec based perfectly on the drivers TS parameters... if you just want a T-line, build a T-line, it'll almost always sound alright if you just make it a straight line at approximately the Sd of the sub, maybe a little less if you're running quite a bit of power.

Walk before you try to run... I built a horn the other day that was completely wrong, not made to spec and basically made up the dimensions on the fly and it still sounds farking sweet :) But I probably got really lucky, and it was a very very simple horn (single-folded tapped horn)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I hate the term, but KISS- Keep it stupid simple- or whatever it is

Start off with a very easy design, hell even a PVC pipe and make some MDF adapters to mount the woofer inside it- Thats how I started, just some 5" and 6" mids and PVC, practice, learn, document

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i just designed a tline tuned to 30hz for a 8" kicker comp just to see what it sounds like. is that a good tuning freq??

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

your supposed to use the drivers Fs

i know, what i saw showed me 30 which i KNOW is wrong...

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever