Second Skin Audio

EXO Needs YOU! 18" Subwoofer Enclosure Design - Ascendant Audio Mayhem

EXOcontralto

ive used it on like 5-6 of my boxes. i like it, it always works for me. just trying to help man

Really? That's good to hear! - I really appreciate the help - It doesn't look like someone can just whip up some single 18" desgins like I had hoped -

For anyone of those who are just reasding this for the first time -

I have a grand caravan will CRAZY ROOM! - I want a box tuned low - and maybe with the option to have interchangable ports - slotted ofcourse - I have videos of my van, and how much room I can handle in this forum already -

If anyone can whip up a set of plans for 1 18" slot ported box tuned to aroun 30 to 34 hz - That would be amazing - PLEASE HELP!!

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Re Calc is pretty good. I've test it's accuracy and it is quite accurate.

If kirill007 used those dimensions as internal dimensions then you should be good. But he still hasn't responded wether those are internal or external. I say you need about 6.5 after all displacements to be safe with 3K Watts.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Re Calc is pretty good. I've test it's accuracy and it is quite accurate.

If kirill007 used those dimensions as internal dimensions then you should be good. But he still hasn't responded wether those are internal or external. I say you need about 6.5 after all displacements to be safe with 3K Watts.

I totally agree! - I'd rather have room on both end for variances.

I hope he responds soon - I'd really like to get some plans today! lol - Thnx a lot mang

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

look at the second pic i posted its got a cut sheet and everything. its 7.27^3ft-ish tuned to 32.5, it would be like 7^3ft tuned to 33-34hz when you put the sub in. you would have plenty of room in the van to double up the walls and thicken up the baffle, i think it would sound really good. its up to you though man

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

PM nightshade for a design exo, he's really experienced on aero's

Yes, those are internal dimensions, it's over 7 cubes before displacement, and it's around 6 cubes after port, and driver displacement.

(sorry for the late response.)

If someone could make a cut sheet for those dimensions and maybe a Sketchup drawing, it would be nice.(my sketchup skills aren't that good.)

Internal Dimensions: 30 inch wide, 29 inch long, 15 inch high.

Port: 10x9 inch port, lenght:27.61 inch long.

^^^this is close to 6cu ft (after port and sub displacement.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Exo, like I already said these specs would work perfect for that subwoofer and it would get very loud. There is a great possibility that off of the power that your planning on doing it will do a 150+ on a burp and easily do high 140's on music. Here is the box again that I already reccomended:

5.5 cubes internal after displacement with sub up and port either back or to the driver's side of the van

2 6" precision ports 18" long from flare to flare(which is how long they are when you buy them) that will tune the box to 36hz and will get very loud on music and still burp at a reasonable frequency

All you need to do is fill in the dimensions to get 5.5 cubes after displacement, or if you wanted me to and you were sure that you'd use the box I'd do it for you.

You are making this much harder than it actually is. There are several very reputable people that have jumped in here and made suggestions to you. I understand your questions since your trying to learn, but you just need to trust those of us that have been in the game for quite a while. We'll point you in the right direction. As for myself I probably have the loudest 1 woofer setup on this entire site so I'd say that I qualify for you to listen to what I say and take advice from me. I'm here willing to help if you need it man :) I'll wait for a pm or something cause I can't keep up with this thread and it's 7 pages in less than 24 hours :D

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

My design and dimensions aren't bad at all, but i know for sure nightshade's design is waaay better.

Look at his numbers, 152.2 with a 15 inch on probably around 5kw.

Thanks for the props man! It's actually off around 4K rms and the numbers are quite a bit higher. I just have to do it in competition first before I put it in my signature. It's just my ritual I guess.

I'm sure that with all of our help here he can have one hell of a design and I know he'll be happy. There just seems to be quite a bit of confusion in this topic with no real resolution.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived