Buss-Bar Help

Ok so in the process of getting my system planned out and set up. I am going to be running 5 amps total and would like to run a buss-bar for the remote wires to keep it looking alittle cleaner. I already decided on some 3/4 x 1/4" aluminum for the bar. Now for the hardware i see im supposed to use stainless steel. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what, as far as hardware goes, i should buy? Also what should i put on the bottom of the aluminum plate to keep it from grounding out on my truck floor?

Thanks,

Mod

And yes i did a search with no results that helped.

You could use a grounding bar.

Ground%20Bars,%20Insulators%20and%20Brackets.JPG

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You can make something just like that from a hardware store.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Here is a couple shots of my buss bars..

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0007-3.jpg

We used copper and drilled and tapped all the hole. That way we could put the bolts in it and then just slide the connections on and nut them down, that way we only had to to use one wrench. I am sure that you could do the same with aluminum, just need to drill and tap them to the correct bolt size.

As far as securing them to your vehicle, i am unsure. My bars where glued and screwed to MDF. Maybe make a bottom plate out of MDF and secure that to the vehicle and them the bars to it..

Good luck man.. make sure to get pictures of what ever you do..

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

sod - thanks for the visual help. That gets me a little bit better of an idea on one way i can do it.

as far as making them grounding bars, can anyone give me a step by step on how and what id need. I am fairly new to the multiple amp set-ups and would rather not screw anything up.

Thanks again.