Second Skin Audio

CSS 15

rawlins87

looks good. the basket reminded me of a Memphis sub basket, even though the Memphis basket is made with m's lol

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

found this on their website homepage

Parameters (after break-in)

Re: 3.6 (1.8 ohms per coil), Le:1.8, Fs: 19.2, Qms: 3.65, Qes: 0.44, Qts: 0.39, Vas: 218.44, Cms: 0.25, SD: 790, Xmax 30mm, Xmech 40mm, BL: 16.5, Mms: 274.8, SPL: 87.3, 1000 RMS watt power rated.

At this point we are recommending a 4 cu ft (114 l) sealed enclosure with the LT1300 plate amp. Driver cutout ie 13 15/16" (354 mm) and the frame is 15 5/16" (388mm) wide. A double 3/4" (19mm) mounting wall is recommended to flush mount the driver.

Additional Alignments

Recommended sealed enclosure:

Car audio - 2.5 cubic feet sealed and fully stuffed.

Home audio - Mid Q (Q.707) – 3.4 cubic feet fully stuffed, Low Q (Q.577) – 6.5 cubic feet fully stuffed

Recommended ported enclosures

HT - 5 cubic feet 20 Hz tune, 2 4” flared vents 28.5” long. or 1 6” vent 31 long, Line walls with stuffing

EBS - 8 cubic feet tuned to 18 Hz, 2 4” flared vents 27.5” long, 1 6” vent 30” long, Line walls with stuffing

Car Audio - 4 cubic feet tuned to 25 Hz, 2 4” vents 20” long, Line walls with stuffing

Ive always liked there subs, well, atleast wanted to try them. But never have

I know of people who say they make great HT subs

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

doesnt look that bad but for that price i would rather go with something better

What would you suggest?

Mach5 audio IXL 15.2 is pretty close in comparison (power/xmax/sensitivity/thiele small measurements)

Fi Q 15 also 1000wrms high xmax sensitivity is close price is almost the same

Sundown Z15 would be close, but thats discontuned until the new version is out

Not sure what else is close enough to compare.

The malstrom x or whatever has my eye for the time being and they are coming out with the 21 version as well I would love to put two 21s in my truck tuned to 22 hz chopped and screwed all day long no stop!!

And the basket looks like an old t3 TSS basket to me well somewhat

Roseville, CA

Archived