so far im loving the 5901. i really suggest to anybody that gives a damn about their car/audio to get some kind of protection. you may think it will never happen to you .... but thats what i thought. and id hate for somebody to read this and still think they are untouchable ... and then it happens ... and we see another thread like this in the security center

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I still think it be a good idea for you to take your car to a shop that carries directed, they should have a bitwriter.

With that you can access many features that you cant do without. You can turn your warning chirp off, so it will just be straight alarm.

There is also an annoyance feature that is on by default, which will stop your alarm from going off after it went off something like 3 times previously. (meaning the 4th time it would go off, it wont be audible, which makes it useless imo). So I would turn that off.

Id also look into the glass breakage sensor, this will triggor your alarm if they attempt to break a window. Sometimes theifs dont use a lot of pressure to break the window totally making the shock sensor useless. They may try a sparkplug end which may not always work on the first hit, but with the glass sensor, there is microphone that detects the higher frequanceys and triggers the alarm (before the glass even breaks).

Mine will trigger just by lightly dropping a penny on my windows or even tapping my keys against the glass.

Glass sensor is like 30bucks or less!! and you can easily add it yourself!

Dam man I'm sorry to here that. I had my Bronco broke into like 2 yrs back, wasnt much of a system 2 kenwood 12's and 2 1k kenwoods and a 350 dollar HU and had some need door speakers in the passenger floor board and outta all that the stole my 60 dollar radar dector...actually made me laugh my ass off. Maybe a grand worth of shit and they still a 60 dollar radar dector! they got in my dads truck and stole the briefcase he kept his files in(drives a semi) lol i laugh my ass off! but sorry to here about wat happened! Did i hear u guys say the viper comes with shock sensors? like it shocks ppl when they alarm is set and they pull up on the handle? I guy i knew had something like that but he custom did it so idk...

yeah, Directed installers know their shit... I'd go to one. I was jacked for a 400.00 boss HU once.... The following weekend. I spent around 700.00 on a 791xv and all of the sensors imaginable.. I'd recommend the motion sensor and glass break sensor. They are fairly cheap and could cut down on the theifs time a bit.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

maybe they heard it before and followed you home weeks ago..they just now decided to steal it

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

• 2 weeks later...

wow, that really blows. that cop sounds like a dick

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

Im sorry to hear your loss. It looks like you will have to rebuild bigger and better

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

2 18s in the accord is what im looking to do right now

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build