Second Skin Audio

Facing sub up vs. sub forward in trunk enclosure

any deading you do would not be a waste even if you just did the trunk lid I know sound deadner is pricey so if you just wanted to do the lid that would help in it sounding better keep the 18 just add some sound deadner to the trunk as you can afford to do gotta go to work good luck to ya :rolleyes:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Dang 7 db gain?! Thats whats up. Well like I said, the only way to fit it facing forward would be to slightly tilt it and make a lil box where the spare tire is so that the magnet can fit in. Itd be worth a try if I could gain anywhere near that forsure. Man those XLs make my lvl 4 look like a biaatch. I also dont have a complete opening like yours does in the front of your trunk. All I have is a little hole where the armrest is. Would it still sound nice without having a huge opening?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

So what if I applied my original idea and faced the sub back by tilting it into the spare tire compartment and had the port back. Would that be louder than facing up port back?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

you can fit that 18 mang :D might have to sit at a angle. any glassing an option? read alot and ask alot and you will figure it out with some thinking. i know that strut/brace sucks but it can be worked around. and the folding arm rest can be taken out if you wanted, i think its like 4 or so 10 mil bolts from the back/trunk side of the rear seat back. will open it up a bit more for ya. you might have to pull that trim that covers the rear seat back but it rattled in mine soo bad anyways lol.