Sundown Audio

Amp died Time for a new one, need advice

HUMBOLDT_knock

I have 2 orion HCCA 10.2 subwoofers, I had an Earthquake PH-d2 2000w/1. I believe my subs can handle 1500w each daily, I would like to get an amplifier thats not too expensive and will put at least 1000w to each sub. Anyone have any ideas?

I also wonder if I could run my subs at .5ohm for daily use. I realize I need to find an amp that is .5ohm stable.

I thought about buying this hifonics and running it stereo but, both subs are in one common enclosure, will running an amp and subs in stereo screw anything up because of the common enclosure? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9356_H...V-COLOSSUS.html

I am also considering an MMats D3500.1 and running it at .5ohm daily, any thoughts on that option??

Edited by HUMBOLDT_knock

I have 2 orion HCCA 10.2 subwoofers, I had an Earthquake PH-d2 2000w/1. I believe my subs can handle 1500w each daily, I would like to get an amplifier thats not too expensive and will put at least 1000w to each sub. Anyone have any ideas?

I also wonder if I could run my subs at .5ohm for daily use. I realize I need to find an amp that is .5ohm stable.

I thought about buying this hifonics and running it stereo but, both subs are in one common enclosure, will running an amp and subs in stereo screw anything up because of the common enclosure? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9356_H...V-COLOSSUS.html

running stereo in one common enclosure for bass notes will be fine. it's very rare that music puts 2 different bass notes to the channels. Even if they did you would hear cancelation come in and out .

I am also considering an MMats D3500.1 and running it at .5ohm daily, any thoughts on that option??

No no no ..... This is no joke but a local shop in my area tested the new mmats 3500.1 vs memhpis 1500 on same subs same setup and the output was way way greater than that of the mmats .. if it's older mmats amps (oldschool) go for it ...newer ones uh NO!

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png