Second Skin Audio

Question about DDs

Its within 50 miles, (wanna say like 20 miles) but the traffic sucks so badly it takes about 45, sometimes longer. I mean, it sucks that i have to drive an hour and a half round trip just to ask a few prices. I got the day off tomorrow, maybe ill do it then.

Edited by siucsaluki11

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Well I checked and there aren't any shops around here so I have to go direct on there website then right? Wish I could at least see it in person. Any personal dealers around Michigan? I'm willing to make a drive. thanks

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Do you know about how much a basket for a DD3515 would be? sorry for being off topic. thanks alot though
call them and ask. or call a dealer in your area. usually they are between 23-35 but may be more or less call them up.

My 18inch baskets where a bit less then that. Needless to say they are cheap like boon and James say!

Just called my "local" shop (a good 45 min drive) and he appologized and said he cannot give quotes over the phone cuz DD said so. So now I have to spend an hour and a half of drive time just to get pricing. Wont even be able to get a listen to any of it, look at any of it, just see what it costs. The only thing i dont like about going through companies like DD, AA, Fi, DC, Sundown is never having a chance to listen to the equipment first. I didnt list AQ cuz ive heard numerous D.O.A. setups that were AQ subs and AQ amps. Atleast AQ, Sundown and Fi all list pricing on their website.
Its within 50 miles, (wanna say like 20 miles) but the traffic sucks so badly it takes about 45, sometimes longer. I mean, it sucks that i have to drive an hour and a half round trip just to ask a few prices. I got the day off tomorrow, maybe ill do it then.

Ygpm with my number, hit me up!!

There is also a dealer in Kenosha, WI called AudioConnections. The owner is Italian I think, really cool guy, met him when we did a db drag even for his store.

Well I checked and there aren't any shops around here so I have to go direct on there website then right? Wish I could at least see it in person. Any personal dealers around Michigan? I'm willing to make a drive. thanks

Im across the lake from you! You could take a carferry here. LOL

ha, I'm thinkin about it. I bet it'd be worth the trip, thats forsure. Lemme know on a good way to go about gettin a re cone and some baskets, plz =)

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

ha, I'm thinkin about it. I bet it'd be worth the trip, thats forsure. Lemme know on a good way to go about gettin a re cone and some baskets, plz =)

Goto a dealer, or call DD.

If they are a older motor, your best bet is to send them into dd for the recone, so they can get you hooked up right. Because the specs do change from the older to newer motors and the current line may not fit in a older motor or vice versa.

The guy in Kenosha is Rick I believe. I went up there to check his shop out. First time II sot to see DD in person. VERY NICE. I believe he runs Image Dynamics products though so you won't get to hear the DD's. Some of the DOA guys have DD though. What NW burb are you in?

Yea, he runs ID subs in his walled civic that did like a 146 something on a burp with a DD M4 amp (Mic on dash, and doors open)!!! Pretty shameful score for a walled vehicle and a 4800watt amp, I remember the score simply because it is oppisite of my boy coreys van that burps a 164 and some change.

Tho later on after the show, he put a dd Z1 in the car, and got it to break a 150. I guess they had some major issues on how to wire the subs up. They where out of phase and what not, along with a high impedance load like 5 ohms on the DDM4 amp. But they got it hitting which is all that matters once they figured out the bugs :)

And RJ (siucsaluki11) knows some of the DOA guys, at least he said he did when I spoke with him this afternoon on the phone. I was going to join DOA all pretty cool people, but they kicked my buddy of the team because he wont run DD or AQ gear, and that is a requirement for the team. Thought that wasnt cool since Matt helped them guys out alot and thats pretty shady to me.

AudioConnection also did a Install on Arnies (sp) smart car with a single amp, single sub, and a pair of the high-end dd components. Sounded VERY clean!!