Second Skin Audio

Question On Subwoofers...

so right now i have 2 10'' audiobahn subs in my trunk but i think its time for a change and i cant decide weather an fi btl 18'' or a jl w7 13.5''... what do u guys think its better? and what hits harder? i want something loud but that its gonna sound clean

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

so right now i have 2 10'' audiobahn subs in my trunk but i think its time for a change and i cant decide weather an fi btl 18'' or a jl w7 13.5''... what do u guys think its better? and what hits harder? i want something loud but that its gonna sound clean

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

the 18 btl will be louder than the jl on the same power

Roseville, CA

the 18 btl will be louder than the jl on the same power

well so far u guys are going for the fi btl... thats what i wanted and my cuzin kept saying the jl w7 was better...

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

according to fast google look-up

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q...7&scoring=r

That it Ridiculous for a Sub under 15" in my opinion.

For a base price of 415bux

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

,the FI Is going to totally out perform the JL. I have owned a shit ton of JL equipment in the past and they were never anything for me to complain about but it todays day and age..JL audio is a little out of the realm of what other companies(FI,DC,AA,AQ to name a few)can produce if you want my 2 pennies.

I guess a few questions..

What amp you plan to use, and what its going in because your gonna need some room to do a 18 box.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

you are retarded for comparing a BTL with a W7.

That would be like whats faster...a Dodge Viper or a Lexus GS. Just not comparable

If you have 3-4 cu ft to work with the W7 will sound better.

If you have room for a huge enclosure and willing to sacrifice SQ than the BTL will do just fine but never will it sound better than the W7. Just different beasts of their own

Edited by aznboi3644

me> BTL18> any size W7. JL is good equipment, but its not the be all and end all. That BTL might not sound as good, but it will destroy that JL in output.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I agree with the person that said it's a dumb question.

You're comparing a 18" SPL-based woofer that will take 4000wrms with a 13.5" SQL woofer that might take 2000w on a good day.

Might as well compare apples with potatoes.

BTL will kill the shit out of a a 13w7.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!