Second Skin Audio

WHAT THE F***

The specs for those subs say single 4ohm vc. 2 subs is either 2ohm or 8ohm. If you have your amp bridged to 4ohm and have the subs wired to 2 you might have a problem right there. I also see they dont recommend any specs for ported enclosures only sealed.

what subs are you using? and honestly it sounds like you have a setting wrong somewhere , or the box is wrong. the RE calc isnt all that far off to give you an absolute horrible box if you make sure that the base principles are there

Sorry the video is taking so long, should only be a bit more...and again, each sub has its own amp.

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

So in the video, I only have 2 screws holding the subs down so that noise you hear is them vibrating against the box, but I had more in and they weren't vibrating and the actual bass did not change at all.

The video cant do it justice.....the subs are basically bottoming out and my 6 x 8's are louder...once again, the video cant really show how quiet it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpOpWGTy2GY

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Then if I was you, I would check the phase, even if you dont think thats what it could be. one way you could do it is get a .5 or 1 hz tone and play it really low volume, and watch the motion of the subs to make sure they are equal and the same way. you could pick out something when on a higher note you couldnt. Just make sure you don't blow your subs doing it.

Edit: One other thing.... how much air is moving in and out of the port?

Edited by rusty959

what about settings on the amp/hu?

do u have a sub control and bass control on your headunit....what level are they at?

what about the gain on the amp...how high is it? make sure its on low pass filter (lpf), at around 70-80hz, subsonic a little below tuning...and make sure the gain isnt cranked up...what about bass boost on the amp?

i likes me some audio stuff...

i say out of phase..or...why the fuck did you get lighning audio subs?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?