DC Sound Lab

I appologize but I will not dignify your statement with a response. Your entire post is a contradiction of itself.

You already did dignify my statement with a response, so you might as well entertain me with an explanation as to why it's a contradiction. And if your going to be all grown up, use the spell checker, it's automatic.

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?

You already did dignify my statement with a response, so you might as well entertain me with an explanation as to why it's a contradiction. And if your going to be all grown up, use the spell checker, it's automatic.

- Matt

I guess the part I don't understand is why anyone, especially another manufacture would come onto any public forum and talk bad about another product? You of all people should know how difficult and expensive it is to manufacture a product.

I especially don't see any gain in your statement so why make it? If you were truly tiring to be a critic then why don't you PM the person making the product and have some dialog with them instead of coming off like your bashing other brands. Maybe purchase one and do a full scale comparison of comparable products.

-Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

before you come in and start flapping gums, why dont you post some pics of your High Quality Drivers.

Show me yours and I'll show you mine?

Would it matter? the fact that you defend his product states you wouldn't recognize true design quality if you seen it, so who is to say you would appreciate quality when you _DO_ actually lay eyes on it?

It's a pointless debate. It could go on for weeks and weeks and my time is too valuable for that. I'll just stick to the amplifier forum helping out the newbies from time to time. There is obviously no real quest for knowledge here. Why the bullshit flag on his behalf? a bit biased for some reason?

Now I'm going to go ahead and walk away from this post and I don't really care what is said about me after the fact so rant away. And if DC sounds were concerned about the future of his product he would hire an engineer with real experience in the field and have the drivers gone over one more time.

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?

I guess the part I don't understand is why anyone, especially another manufacture would come onto any public forum and talk bad about another product? You of all people should know how difficult and expensive it is to manufacture a product.

I especially don't see any gain in your statement so why make it? If you were truly tiring to be a critic then why don't you PM the person making the product and have some dialog with them instead of coming off like your bashing other brands. Maybe purchase one and do a full scale comparison of comparable products.

-Bill

Bill,

Intelligent comments, all of them. To start, I don't manufacture anything. I am an engineer in the field with over 18 years experience and a passion that has driven me to build my own products. They are for my enjoyment, have never been, and will never be available to the public. Everything I have built is a one/two off and frankly I don't show any of it off for that reason. Imagine my paranoia with all the thieves running about out there.

Secondly I don't gain anything from it. I donate time here to educate and comment on things. I feel both DCS and it's potential customers should know that the design isn't ready from a construction standpoint alone, and that I can clearly view by the pictures. I have no desire to slam him, his product, or his customers and I already stated that.

And to get to the third part, I am not here to donate free engineering time to manufactures. This is why we will have no private dialog about his product. Perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut, but hindsight is always 20/20 and who would have known I would be received so poorly. I felt I was doing him a favor but it obviously wasn't taken this way.

And thank you for presenting your commentary as a mature individual. It's is refreshing and one of the reasons I wandered over to meades place to begin with. Too many kiddies out there on other forums. Hopefully the overflow won't wash it's way over here any time too soon (hint)

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?

Bill,

Intelligent comments, all of them. To start, I don't manufacture anything. I am an engineer in the field with over 18 years experience and a passion that has driven me to build my own products. They are for my enjoyment, have never been, and will never be available to the public. Everything I have built is a one/two off and frankly I don't show any of it off for that reason. Imagine my paranoia with all the thieves running about out there.

Secondly I don't gain anything from it. I donate time here to educate and comment on things. I feel both DCS and it's potential customers should know that the design isn't ready from a construction standpoint alone, and that I can clearly view by the pictures. I have no desire to slam him, his product, or his customers and I already stated that.

And to get to the third part, I am not here to donate free engineering time to manufactures. This is why we will have no private dialog about his product. Perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut, but hindsight is always 20/20 and who would have known I would be received so poorly. I felt I was doing him a favor but it obviously wasn't taken this way.

And thank you for presenting your commentary as a mature individual. It's is refreshing and one of the reasons I wandered over to meades place to begin with. Too many kiddies out there on other forums. Hopefully the overflow won't wash it's way over here any time too soon (hint)

- Matt

Engineer or not, if you put all the individual parts together then that makes you a manufacture at some level.

I work in the civil engineering field and wouldn't ever think to discuss flaws in another offices design or in this case product openly to the public.

Every speaker has it's place, I don't see any real differences (in the pictures) in the products chosen to make up this speaker then I would in many other manufactures. I will say that I haven't seen the basket for the 18's used all that often.

I do feel that if someone has big enough boys to go and start something from scratch such as DC that we as a whole should support them where ever we can. Whether we purchase from them or not. It is no small task to launch something into this industry, especially a sub line.

I feel if someone is passionate enough to jump into this arena and box with companies with much deeper pockets, that this decision to step in wasn't looked at lightly.

People with that much into it aren't the type to make a buck and run. I would feel confident that if there were any issues, that DC would stand up to insure their products future.

Lastly, I'm gonna go out on limb and say that 99% of the people that purchase from this company, will never push the product the way a competitor would. The other 1% of us will find a way to break it, no matter how good it was built.

- Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Show me yours and I'll show you mine?

Would it matter? the fact that you defend his product states you wouldn't recognize true design quality if you seen it, so who is to say you would appreciate quality when you _DO_ actually lay eyes on it?

It's a pointless debate. It could go on for weeks and weeks and my time is too valuable for that. I'll just stick to the amplifier forum helping out the newbies from time to time. There is obviously no real quest for knowledge here. Why the bullshit flag on his behalf? a bit biased for some reason?

Now I'm going to go ahead and walk away from this post and I don't really care what is said about me after the fact so rant away. And if DC sounds were concerned about the future of his product he would hire an engineer with real experience in the field and have the drivers gone over one more time.

- Matt

If the tables we're turned around I would defend you too, I admin this forum, and part of my job is dealing with E-Dicks Like yourself, I didnt like the way you came off, sorry you get so defensive about slamming someones else's product.

I dont make or engineer drivers, your the one who claimed that you did, so I will ask agian, post up pics of your quality drivers.

you have no Idea what I know or dont know, to assume is to make an ass of one-self.

nice job on being the spelling police, do you want me to get you a official SMD Spelling Police badge?

Bill,

- Matt

WOW im almost falling out of my chair being WOWed by how great you are !!! Somebody mail this guy a trophy, maybe he should run for president. We can all understand your paranoia about others stealing your designs, I could only imagine how great they must be.

Its nice that you can see all that from the pictures, your better than I thought, You say you have no intention of slamming the woofers but you already have. You the kind of person that talks down on what others are trying to do, a heckler basically. congrats superstar. Your right there will be no private cause your an ass.

Nobody wants your free time, im surprised with your personallity you have any job at all. You were recived poorly cause again your full of your self Nobody wants your engineering help there Roscoe go start a IM ALL KNOWING thread somewhere else.

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

WOW im almost falling out of my chair being WOWed by how great you are !!! Somebody mail this guy a trophy, maybe he should run for president. We can all understand your paranoia about others stealing your designs, I could only imagine how great they must be.

Its nice that you can see all that from the pictures, your better than I thought, You say you have no intention of slamming the woofers but you already have. You the kind of person that talks down on what others are trying to do, a heckler basically. congrats superstar. Your right there will be no private cause your an ass.

Nobody wants your free time, im surprised with your personallity you have any job at all. You were recived poorly cause again your full of your self Nobody wants your engineering help there Roscoe go start a IM ALL KNOWING thread somewhere else.

Ummm bro is this ME or some other Roscoe????

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg