Electrical upgrade, what do I need?

ok so Im running 2) clarion 2x50 amps for mids and highs, and I will be running a new amplifier for my woofers, I think I am going to run a saz-2000 @.5ohm or maybe even a aq-3500. Everyoine says I need the proper electrical to do this so what do I need to do?

I currently have a 140 amp alternator, stock battery under the hood, #2 going to two optimayellow tops (probably dead) ,then #1/0 to a 5 farad lanzar opticap.

My lights would dim hard with my last amplifier at high volumes. I believe my optimas are shot so I am looking to replace them soon. I also know I need a 300amp alternator and, multiple runs of 1/0 going to my aux. batteries.

I already have a bullet proof ground system so I think Im go there.

So, does anyone have any input on what more I will need to do to run a true 5000 watt setup?

you should replace the stock battery and the optimas with a kinetic, stinger or xs power look at how many amps they provide in a burst and continous power to match the draw your amps will be pulling and you definately need to get the alt once the battery runs down to a certain point its up to the alt to recharge them plus run everything thing else so thats why your getting serious dimming from your lights and don't waste your time with capacitor upgrading the batterys and a new alt should do it when you talk to dc or whomever you get your alt from make sure you tell them how many batts your using and what size plus how many amplifiers your using and how many amps they pull total so they can get you the right alt you need

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Another things you have remember battery cannot charge back it self for long time. I did go grab a battery charger because a single alternator cannot do a full charge on multiple battery. I think the power-master or Kinetik come with their own chargers..

D3100 powermaster battery and a 250 amp alt. Most alts with true 300 amp output have pretty crappy idle output.

Well I already have a custom made battery tray and I would like to get two D2400 to replace my optimas and still use my tray. I see that two D2400 have a higher combind Ah rating of 174 and one D3100 has a Ah rating of 117 so Im a ssuming I would be better off buying the two D2400s?

I cant believe nobody asked you what car you drive. Thats the first thing I would want to know as an alt manufacturer. :)

Well I already have a custom made battery tray and I would like to get two D2400 to replace my optimas and still use my tray. I see that two D2400 have a higher combind Ah rating of 174 and one D3100 has a Ah rating of 117 so Im a ssuming I would be better off buying the two D2400s?