Second Skin Audio

audioque questions

ok, so im looking at the hdc3 18 as a possible sub when i get a job, i just have a few questions first tho. one, how big of a box should one have? i was thinking 6cuft@32 hz, would that work?? also, do you think this amp at 2 ohms would push one?? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18554_...CBM-POWER.html#

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

I say 7 cubed box would be better for a few reasons such as after you compensate for sub displacement which is about .2 or .3 cubed, and the port displacement which will be around 2-3 cubed your box you are left with is kinda small. Also since you wont be giving the sub a lot of power, a larger box will make the sub more efficient and be louder then the sub in a smaller box with the same power.

As for that Performance Teknique amp... One word, GARBAGE.

Why do you want to run it at 2 ohms anyways?

If you get the HDC3 18 with dual 2 ohm coils, wire it in parallel for a 1ohm load at the amp, and get the AudioQue AQ1200D (1200wrms @ 1 ohm) for $249 Shipped and only $10 more then some pawn shop garbage or save up a little more and go with the AQ2200D (2200wrms @ 1 ohm) for $389 shipped.

The audioque amps are by far better built, and cleaner sound. Not to mention they will do their rated power and then some, were as the Peformance Teknique will be lucky to do its 200-400 within its rated rms wattage on a good day.

I know people with these subs running 2000-4000 watts rms of clean power for daily driving and they take it fine!!

I say 7 cubed box would be better for a few reasons such as after you compensate for sub displacement which is about .2 or .3 cubed, and the port displacement which will be around 2-3 cubed your box you are left with is kinda small. Also since you wont be giving the sub a lot of power, a larger box will make the sub more efficient and be louder then the sub in a smaller box with the same power.

As for that Performance Teknique amp... One word, GARBAGE.

Why do you want to run it at 2 ohms anyways?

If you get the HDC3 18 with dual 2 ohm coils, wire it in parallel for a 1ohm load at the amp, and get the AudioQue AQ1200D (1200wrms @ 1 ohm) for $249 Shipped and only $10 more then some pawn shop garbage or save up a little more and go with the AQ2200D (2200wrms @ 1 ohm) for $389 shipped.

The audioque amps are by far better built, and cleaner sound. Not to mention they will do their rated power and then some, were as the Peformance Teknique will be lucky to do its 200-400 within its rated rms wattage on a good day.

I know people with these subs running 2000-4000 watts rms of clean power for daily driving and they take it fine!!

Pretty much nailed it there! If I could just add one more thing, Dont tune your box that low when using these drivers (DD, or AQ) Tune to about the 36-38Hz range, that would be optimal for these drivers. Also, remember to use 16-20Sqin per Cube for the port

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

newls1 brought up a great point. Do not tune these that low. I sat in DOA sleepy's envoy, i wanna say his box is 10 cubes tuned to 38Hz for 2 HDC318s off 8kw RMS. It dropped LOW

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

BigPimpin here on SMD is running 2 hd3's now I think too. I forget his tuning, but he is tuned in the low 30s iirc and that shit be flexing the hell outta his truck! :hairtrick:

34.5 iirc. His shit gets down in the very low 20's.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

BigPimpin here on SMD is running 2 hd3's now I think too. I forget his tuning, but he is tuned in the low 30s iirc and that shit be flexing the hell outta his truck! :hairtrick:
34.5 iirc. His shit gets down in the very low 20's.

:give_rose: :give_rose:

Roughly 35hz but I'm peaking at 33hz.

And that flex is my enemy.

Easy 2-3db hiding in them damn door latches that no longer function properly.

18"

6-8 cubes depending on power.

Tune no lower than 35hz.

Give it 1-2kw and you will be quite happy.

Before my recone broke in.

A little Chopped and Screwed Put On. 23hz low note.

Edited by BigPimpin91