DC Sound Lab

dc bottoming out???

When you recone the woofs just check teh bottoms of the coils. If you did bottom them out they will be dented/flattened

The bottoms of the lvl 4 coils P is talking about were pushed so flat the edge was sharp :rofl:

-Drew

sounds good, ill make sure i take lots of pictures.....and LOL i can hear it in the news "bay area dwarf shanking fellow citizens with a copper voice coil"

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

if they "sound different" then your clipping them.

-Drew

when ever you clip them doesnt the dust cap get hot? because my dust caps dont thats why i never considered that i might be clipping them

the lvl 4 15' in 2.5 cubes sealed on 1500+ rms, playing crazy sweeps. took it like a champ, the one that was defective bottomed out and launched a coil through the cone and blew the dustcap into 20 pieces.

You got it fixed under warranty right? :D

and clipping will cause an increase in heat, but how much increase is Dependant on the product and install.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew