Lota Speakers Little Car!

I want to do some stuff like that. Is that just Resin? I haven't tried to do anything like this but it doesn't look real hard. Build one of those forms out of wood, glue to whatever you are gonna mount it to. Lay some Felt, then resin over the felt right..How many steps am I missing..I am thinking about building something to put on my backseat plastic panels..Tell me what you think about doing this on plastic..?? I would love to have some more mid bass, midrange and tweeters...I like what you are doing there..Looks cool.

i just made the forms (rings were cut by pstone11) i dont have that kind of skill yet and he is pretty much coaching me through this build (thanx pat!) and then lined them up the way i wanted them and i used pantyhose and CA glue and made the pantyhose as tight as i could and started putting the resin on one layer at a time till i got it strong enough then i have to bondo and sand a million times and im done yay! but definatly check out ground pounder 2k2 hes the best ive seen and you will learn more from his pictures than ever talkin to me.

I want to do some stuff like that. Is that just Resin? I haven't tried to do anything like this but it doesn't look real hard. Build one of those forms out of wood, glue to whatever you are gonna mount it to. Lay some Felt, then resin over the felt right..How many steps am I missing..I am thinking about building something to put on my backseat plastic panels..Tell me what you think about doing this on plastic..?? I would love to have some more mid bass, midrange and tweeters...I like what you are doing there..Looks cool.

i just made the forms (rings were cut by pstone11) i dont have that kind of skill yet and he is pretty much coaching me through this build (thanx pat!) and then lined them up the way i wanted them and i used pantyhose and CA glue and made the pantyhose as tight as i could and started putting the resin on one layer at a time till i got it strong enough then i have to bondo and sand a million times and im done yay! but definatly check out ground pounder 2k2 hes the best ive seen and you will learn more from his pictures than ever talkin to me.

Sweet let me go look at that..That sounds easy..Yeah..Right.I think I can do my own door pods..Looks quite simple..Only problem I can see me having is cutting the rings..I only have a Jig Saw..But that would work..I just want to mount some 6.5's that I have laying around on my pods for some more front fill..Looks like a job for the Firestation tommorow...

Do you made such a construction for the first time??? Looks ok . I wants to make it too, but my doors of my polo 86C are too small^^there are 3 speakers one in the middle of the front and 2 right/left in my trunk.it isn´t easy to take new speakers in an old car^^

is that just 5 coats of resin or fiberglass too? from what ive read, it seems like its just resin.

one of fiber 5 of resin! not even fiber really just pantyhose,,,but hey its gettin the job done.

Do you made such a construction for the first time??? Looks ok . I wants to make it too, but my doors of my polo 86C are too small^^there are 3 speakers one in the middle of the front and 2 right/left in my trunk.it isn´t easy to take new speakers in an old car^^

what?that sounds like some crazy shit!

one of fiber 5 of resin!

Resin without mat has little to no structural strength. It is very brittle and WILL break. you need a good 4 layers of a quality mat on there, properly applied and saturated.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived