I would not say NOT TO BUY those cars. 8 out of 10 are imports that are some of the most reliable cars made.

Buy an alarm and deal with it. Or buy an american car, and pay ALOT of money in repair problems. I know somebody will come on here and tell me " my dad's got a Ford truck with 500,000 miles...blah blah."

Check the reliability of your car here = http://autos.msn.com/home/reliability_ratings.aspx

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

i call bs on # 4,6,7,8,10

I call BS on YOUR BS :D

statistics don't lie.

and RedBaron is right. The car is only as safe as its security...and also location. MOST of these car thefts arent happening in high end neighborhoods.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

CJ, I worked auto parts for about 4 years of my life, this is when I was heavy in to auto work, engine swaps, mods, stuff like that, but I will be honest, its a 50/50

BUT German cars are actually about the worst off (step daughter has a VW, and have been studying this car for 4 months- major

import cars do have a lot of problems

american cars, well the good old v8 and v6s (even a lot of the current v8-v6s)are the easiest to work on, and usually cheapest, so when there is a water pump problem, or carb/inject, etc issue on an american car, yeah it may happen like 10-20% more often than a import, but its also about 50% cheaper to fix, and usually easier to do.

I admit the common honda/acura/toyota ran stock are very reliable, and they should last a long time, but these days who doesn't add 300lbs in audio equipment, or add a higher amp alternator that draws more force on the engine- how long will those engines last?

I have a 2000 GMC Denali with a 350 Vortec headers, exhaust, programed, and slammed, and I drive it like a damn corvette... lol Always pulling burn outs, punching it getting 4500-5k rpm's when I do

my only 2 problems with it

1) suspension- after market shot

2) some interior components really suck and are outdated

but the performance and reliability are great . I still only gave it 1 oil change this year, and never done any tune ups yet, just alt mod, and thats it- 13-15k since I got it last year

So, I'am 50/50 on this, what I typed I pretty much stand by. I know there are some Japanese/Korean cars that are great, but there are other import cars I wouldn't touch

If I was a car thief , there are only like 2 cars on that list I would touch, the rest I guess are based on the fact they are easy thefts

And this list hasn't changed much since the 90s, they just got rid of the Buick regal/Monte Carlo

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

x2 on add

but those cars are most stolen cuz theyre COMMON and EASY TO STEAL

i can get into most hondas without breaking a window in under a minute...and starting requires little more than a vicegrip on a screwdriver and a solid tug to break the steering lock if it has one.

aka that car can be stolen in under 2 minutes without even breaking a window...or well under a minute if you dont mind driving it home with some breeze.

got a club on it? bolt cutter gets through the wheel in 5 seconds, and then you can just bend it so the club falls off.

all of those cars are stolen cuz its too damn simple, not because the theifs want them

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I call BS on YOUR BS :D

statistics don't lie.

and RedBaron is right. The car is only as safe as its security...and also location. MOST of these car thefts arent happening in high end neighborhoods.

1988 Toyota Pickup 4x2

1994 Nissan Sentra

1989 Toyota Camry

im no newb to the auto theft thing.. there is no money in the cars listed above...they are on the top 10 list. that means those particular cars are getting stolen daily!! not just some kid wanting a joy ride...

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

those cars can be stolen in seconds, even if you scrap the thing for 200 bux, it was basically worth it.

people leave hundreds of dollars of stuff in their cars as well, tools in the toolbox on the pickup, cd's, ciggs, change, (stereo systems that can be gutted out), rims, etc.

the car itself may not be worth a ton, but its easy to move, doesnt draw attention, and its so damn easy.

ever try and re-sell a lamborghini? if the friggin keys were in it noone would take it just because you couldnt do anything with it. 94 sentra? sell it on craigslist for 300 bux that day.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

x2 on add

but those cars are most stolen cuz theyre COMMON and EASY TO STEAL

i can get into most hondas without breaking a window in under a minute...and starting requires little more than a vicegrip on a screwdriver and a solid tug to break the steering lock if it has one.

aka that car can be stolen in under 2 minutes without even breaking a window...or well under a minute if you dont mind driving it home with some breeze.

got a club on it? bolt cutter gets through the wheel in 5 seconds, and then you can just bend it so the club falls off.

all of those cars are stolen cuz its too damn simple, not because the theifs want them

honda ftl!! pull the window back unlock and your in.. same with older monte carlo,cutlass,regals and similar. thunder birds and mustangs if you put enough pressure you can pop the track on the window and push it down, chevy trucks jam a flat head through the side and 9 out of 10 times flat head will hit lock bar and unlock. trucks with separate key holes flat head in the key hole move it side to side and your in bla bla bla :clapping:

Edited by 99vic

/Rant

those cars can be stolen in seconds, even if you scrap the thing for 200 bux, it was basically worth it.

people leave hundreds of dollars of stuff in their cars as well, tools in the toolbox on the pickup, cd's, ciggs, change, (stereo systems that can be gutted out), rims, etc.

the car itself may not be worth a ton, but its easy to move, doesnt draw attention, and its so damn easy.

ever try and re-sell a lamborghini? if the friggin keys were in it noone would take it just because you couldnt do anything with it. 94 sentra? sell it on craigslist for 300 bux that day.

ya i guess there are crack heads out there. i fugure if your gonna do it make it worth it. why catch a case over a bucket and have to scrounge up a couple hundred bucks :unknw:

and no i have never tried to resell a lambo, but i have seen thousands made off vettes,escalades,bmw,lexus,and other stuff. tag jobs regals,montecarlo,cutlas,all made big money as well.. half the buckets on the list never had more than an ashtray full of ashes

Edited by 99vic

/Rant

1988 Toyota Pickup 4x2

1994 Nissan Sentra

1989 Toyota Camry

im no newb to the auto theft thing.. there is no money in the cars listed above...they are on the top 10 list. that means those particular cars are getting stolen daily!! not just some kid wanting a joy ride...

:01nocomment8so: :01nocomment8so: :01nocomment8so: IF HE WANTS IT HE WILL GET IT.BUT A SATURN?????????????????????? WTF, THIS ONE WAS USED FOR THE JOY RIDE