• 2 weeks later...

Ok dude’s, not so good new I’m afraid.

I kept myself busy by making some brackets, so I could mount the speaker and plank in the car. Then I also started on the driver side.

What you see right away is that I placed everything almost vertical. In other words, when the grill slides open, she slide up.

Off course, this was not my intention, but I have no other choice here.

When I place it all horizontally, I haven’t got enough room after the brake pedal.

DSC03676_resize-1.jpg

The next problem was, that I had to place the speaker a couple centimeters from the side. When the grill opens, I needed that space.

DSC03684_resize.jpg

Yet another problem was that once the grill was open, she came against the bulkhead.

DSC03686_resize.jpg

Here you can see that the speaker came a bit more to the inside.

DSC03697_resize.jpg

The fiberglass pots I made, have no use anymore.

I made these specially so the speaker would fall more deep, to have some space to place my left foot.

DSC03704_resize.jpg

When all these fact left me no choice to do it otherwise, I took a look at the right side.

And there was another things that needed to go…

DSC03712_resize.jpg

Now, not only the cables, but also the glove compartment needed to be delete for a big part.

Now, I did some drastic changes in previous cars of mine

Examples:

- A petrol tank that needed to be removed, cause a subwoofer wanted his place

- Adjusted seats/rails so this could be mounted more in the back

- Remove all heating out of the car, so there was more room, …

-

So shortly, I never backed down to do some drastic changes to the car, in order to have the best possible sound.

With this car, it’s totally different. I have no problem for doing some adjustments, no matter how much work it is, I’ll sleep every night.

But with these grills, I already spent about 60-70 hours. Now I was thinking, this opensliding-grill project ….I’d better quit before I lose too much time.

Did I raise the bar to much…No, I don’t think so, now I know I tried, so I can live with it. If I didn’t, I always would keep in mind: “what if I had tried ….”

So dude’s, this is the end of the opensliding grill project.

This decision made, I have some other idea’s for the floor-pods…and I’ll be using those little engines again .

We’ll see

You never know unless you try! You're doing things that people havent dine in the past, so instead of learning from other people's mistakes or problems, you gotta just learn from your own!

Keep up the great work!

I bet you could sell the robolop pods instead of throwing them in the bin!!

I had to post so I diddnt have to "next" through 50 pages on mobile :peepwall:

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Just plain AMAZING!!!!! LOVE THE BUILD MAN, just curious, what kind of aluminum are u using? 6160? Also what kind of bits do u use and what is ur lubicant that u use? I love the craftsmanship and the details! Also, having the ballz to do anything, then hood vents.... Well let's just say I almost fainted when I say the holes in the hood!

Bring on the Rockfords!!

This BMW is a masterpiece, I love the use of all that aluminum, and the overall creativity :)

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Just plain AMAZING!!!!! LOVE THE BUILD MAN, just curious, what kind of aluminum are u using? 6160? Also what kind of bits do u use and what is ur lubicant that u use? I love the craftsmanship and the details! Also, having the ballz to do anything, then hood vents.... Well let's just say I almost fainted when I say the holes in the hood!

For that I use some normal wood-mills, nothing special really. It’s really important that you use enough cooling fluid, and that you have the right RPM set.

The RPM you need to search for the right on yourself. With aluminium I’ve got it set on 2, and these go to 6.

Archived