Is the part on the top of the hood going to stick up that much or is it gonna get ground down? Sorry I'm not understanding I guess what exactly you're doing here. I understand the concept, seen other cars, but can't really figure it out. Maybe I'll just shut up and watch. Sorry! :ehh:

Its gonna get cut down to go with the curves, he stated above, but its between pics, lol!

Keep up the amazing work! Oh did you finish the trunk yet?

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

When this was dry, I turned the hood over again, and eliminated the glue on the upperside.

Now I had to give the frame the same rounding as the hood.

I managed to do this quite easily…

I taped a piece of aluminum from 1mm thick onto the outer MDF mold I used to make this all

I held this to the copy mill, and cut this plate in 2.

Then I taped this onto the hood.

DSC02224_resize.jpg

The I cut away some carbon fiber that stoke a bit out and then I rubbed it all down equally with the block.

DSC02225_resize.jpg

Here you can see the tight result I had.

DSC02227_resize.jpg

After that I did the inside.

I was only able to glue a little piece of aluminum here, cause this was pretty close to the characterline of the hood.

The 1mm of the frame that comes out, Im going to work it out at the bottom.

On the flange Im going to cut out a rubber of 1mm thick, so that everything comes equally with the outside.

DSC02228_resize.jpg

Once I had this all, there was only one thing that could go wrong with the hood.

I had to get the 2 frames out of the hood without making any scratches or dents.

When I taped it all, I wax the hood a couple of times to be sure that it still could be extracted.

I had to give it quite a pull, but I managed to extract it without any damages.

Here the frame with the flange:

DSC02229_resize.jpg

Everything that contained a risk is over now. When something still goes wrong now, itll be very stupid of me.

This is beautiful...this build has so much attention to detail you should be so proud and happy to show this off. Whenever I think you can't possibly make it any better you always come up with something else to make my jaw drop..serious props to you..I wish I had a sliver of the skills you do

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Archived