Sundown Audio

Audiopipe

xxmartin_84xx

I Hated My First Ap Amp (1500.1) But After Hearing A 3000.1 I Say There Pretty Dam Good!!! I Will Be Running Two Of The 3000.1s Till I Can Get 2 NEW Memphis Amps!!!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

The best amps power wise for the money... Not the most reliable because people run them poorly, but won't fail ya if u treat em right.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

ive clamped a few at competitions and havent seen over 1700 watts outta them... and it wasnt clean power ill tell you that.. you get what you pay for.. i personally wouldnt touch one regardless of price..

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

yea i have the ap3000, and it is pushin two audiobahn flame compression 15's quite well. I have a few vids on here also

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

the AP30001D manual says @ 1%THD 3000RMS @ 2ohm bridged....... How would one get to 8% THD if he/she wanted to...Sir BOON???

THD is a measure of the accuracy of the output. You mash it into clipping and you'll increase the output power (area under the wave ;)) but because the wave is squaring off it increase the distortion :) It's not distortion in the traditional sense but it is a decrease in the fidelity of the output signal hence it counts as an increase in THD.

I'll find the power tests for the exact amp that they use in there...

SPL KID, I would dearly like to know your testing methodology... 2400w @ 3.4 ohms is about 90v at the outputs which would imply that they make around 4000w @ 2 ohms. Which they don't.

----> http://soundmagus.com/images/test%20report...st%20report.pdf

That's factory testing (take with a grain of salt!) at 14.4v

And yes that's EXACTLY the same amp. It's just stacked vertically instead of horizontally.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

ive clamped a few at competitions and havent seen over 1700 watts outta them... and it wasnt clean power ill tell you that.. you get what you pay for.. i personally wouldnt touch one regardless of price..

any vids or pics or anything? Not bashing you just curious.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

I got 1400 @ 6.5Ω with voltage around 11.6 something.

From the whole amp, both channels bridged/strapped to that load?

That's a pretty obscenely large number, was that with true RMS meters from reputable brands?

My AB VFL400.1 doesn't do that much power...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

so what he is saying is they should have rated that amp at 2500 watts , instead of 3000,which can be had for $320. that way you can get charged more for the same amp. and be jusfied ( see it putt out 3000 watts but it's only rated for 2500, "that's a bad amp., how much?" "$500. ) lol yeah you get what u pay for, only if it breaks. Run any amp within specs and it would last a long time.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

Archived