KickerAudio21 Posted April 24, 2007 Report Posted April 24, 2007 Currently I am running one kicker L7 15" in 5.5 cubes with aero ports (cvx style)... It is able to get loud as piss, prolly at least 146 on TL (no joke). Although the SQ is very good, I don't like the sound that much unless the windows are down, and then I really start to "feel" the bass. so I plan on switching to a dual 15" setup that is most likely sealed.... this will give me a very good punch in the chest feel and possibly even better SQ SOOO.... I want to know how the kicker comp-vx 15" compares the the fi BL (not btl) 15" Kicker CVX 15" 1000 watts RMS $250 shipped woofersetc.com Fi Audio BL 15" 1000 watts RMS $250 shipped (no upgrades) I know for a fact that the kicker comp-vx is an absolutly kick ass sub, and i'm thinking it sounds great sealed, unlike the L7 I also know the BL is an amazing sub, but i've never seen anyone run them sealed on this site. I plan on using a zx1500.1 or a zx2500.1 or maybe even a pair of hifonics 1206d - I know this site is stacked with fi lovers, and that is fine casue it's a great sub, but I want some unbiased opinions from people who have heard compvx sealed or have experience with both - and I start my job at circuit city this week, so i can get the kicker cheaper, so that's a bonus for the kicker ------------------------------------------------- 1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006 146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus
KickerAudio21 Posted April 24, 2007 Author Report Posted April 24, 2007 anyone have an opinion on this topic? ------------------------------------------------- 1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006 146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus
BassJunkie Posted April 24, 2007 Report Posted April 24, 2007 Fi BL, I'm not a kicker fan 1986 C20 Suburban 9 American Bass XFL 15's B2 M1MKII 14v XS Power Batteries Maxwell Caps Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.
zaxfire69 Posted April 24, 2007 Report Posted April 24, 2007 You already know what I am going to say...
KickerAudio21 Posted April 24, 2007 Author Report Posted April 24, 2007 do any of you guys run them sealed, or have herad them sealed? ------------------------------------------------- 1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006 146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus
Slinky Posted April 25, 2007 Report Posted April 25, 2007 ok, get the kickers with a zx2500.1 that will slam and sound good doin it.!!!!!!!!!!!! DD M4 Rockford Fosgate P500-4 SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap 2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S XS Power D3400 Under Hood XS Power D5100 in rear Michael Singer 200A Alt Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/
KickerAudio21 Posted April 25, 2007 Author Report Posted April 25, 2007 yeah, i suppose you alwasy wanna give it a lil extra than RMS, especially when it's sealed ------------------------------------------------- 1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006 146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus
Slinky Posted April 25, 2007 Report Posted April 25, 2007 well, sometimes. i figure they have the same coils as the L7 and the L7 can take over its rms too. DD M4 Rockford Fosgate P500-4 SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap 2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S XS Power D3400 Under Hood XS Power D5100 in rear Michael Singer 200A Alt Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/
KickerAudio21 Posted April 25, 2007 Author Report Posted April 25, 2007 i'm just implying that you are able to give a woofer a lot more power without damaging it when it is sealed, a lot of people will damage subs more easily in a ported box unless they use a SSF properly ------------------------------------------------- 1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006 146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus
kickerman Posted April 25, 2007 Report Posted April 25, 2007 id go with the kicker it would slam!! 18" mmats juggernaut rf t10001bd alpine h/u
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.