BUILD 03 S10 Xtreme (4) Soundstream XXX-18's

i'm a fan of multiple woofer setups myself. but big subs are also nice. this is gonna be a big install so i'm tuned in. i like what i'm seeing so far. after seeing flipsid's explorer with all those 18's i'd be REAL tempted to do a diamond tunnel

I dont have the airspace for that...or mounting depth... and it would take pretty much my whole bed so thered be no room for batts or anything else not to mention 1200 lbs just in woofers haha :(

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

i think that you should run the 4 18's......it should get really loud..... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif especially in that truck!

" WELCOME TO AMERICA!!" we speak english here.....

i think that you should run the 4 18's......it should get really loud..... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif especially in that truck!

I most likely am, I cant find anything right now that I like woofer selection wise

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just got My security system installed over the weekend, and I love it

LCD pager with camera in car camera, windows roll up and down remotely, autostart, and I have every sensor known to man in it haha..

SO now having that installed, I'm going to start installing a few things..

As for woofer selection, it's still uncertain, so I plan on just building the other skeleton of the enclosure for now that way I can start trying to spot fit would would really fit,

its come down to-

the 4 xxx-18's, 6-8 of the new xxx-15 subs, or 12 SPLX-15hx subs... OR 12 SPLX-12HX subs...... just depends on the way I can fit them...

Like I really wanted to do 24 12's, but the subs I want to essentially use are too "beefy" and won't like the airspace I have to work with...

Also started to coat Spectrum on the underbody, still not done with that but I'll post up some pics later

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Those 18s are badass bro i'd use them.

I'm most likely going to use them, I just have to get off my ass and take one of of the crate and see how the fitting is.... God they are seriously a nightmare to move around, and it doesn't help I have them stored in a basement either haha

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

I'm going to start building the enclosure tomorrow, so I'll have some pics up... Also, I'm looking into getting some linear actuators and hooking them up so the tailgate and cap door/hatch will be motorized

and on top of that I'm buying a tailgate off of someone and it had the hatch handle shaved and the license plate bay welded it so that'll look a better than just having a unusable handle if i have actuators that control the release.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

I'm going to start building the enclosure tomorrow, so I'll have some pics up... Also, I'm looking into getting some linear actuators and hooking them up so the tailgate and cap door/hatch will be motorized

and on top of that I'm buying a tailgate off of someone and it had the hatch handle shaved and the license plate bay welded it so that'll look a better than just having a unusable handle if i have actuators that control the release.

lies .....lol..... :search:

Archived