X2.H10.V4 Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 I would go with a clamshell with the 8 15's. #1 its more cone area which is louder already. 2nd the Clamshell is more efficient of an enclosure than a wall. just my .02Clamshell more efficient, hardly. A flat wall (with the same cone area and power) will out perform a clamshell. There is a lot of added cancellation with a clamshell. The reason most people run clamshells are to get the extra cone area that would not fit on a standard flat baffle, and that added cone area makes up for the the cancellation.
ty_houston Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 Me? No I have never done any builds with 15's.... yet. I forget the guys name on this board that had a nice clamshell with 6 15's from the land down under. I am sure someone will chime in and help my forgetful ass. I think his name is charger, 6 dd 15's and 2 ddzlv's supercharged hummer h2 8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass 2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's) 2 Stetsom 14k2e's alpine ina-w910 dual Mike Singer350 amp alt 8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120 1 kinetic 2000 under the hood link to build log: My link
BigPimpin91 Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 Me? No I have never done any builds with 15's.... yet. I forget the guys name on this board that had a nice clamshell with 6 15's from the land down under. I am sure someone will chime in and help my forgetful ass. CHARGER! BigPimpin91's Banging Music
GBODYphreak Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 Hey guys im new to this site, just wanted to say hi, aand my 2 cents are that a wall is definitly alot easier but the clam shell will be louder, it all depends if u want to put in the work and all the calculations, there are alot of variables involved in making a clam work proporly I live my life 10 degrees off center......... Normal is fucked up!!!!
Jextel Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 clamshell for comfort!!! that will be my next move 6 12s http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878TEAM DEADLY HERTZ "GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.
EricR Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 clamshell for comfort!!! that will be my next move 6 12smine as well but im doing 6 15's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
mr.p Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 godddamn charger issa beast DCAUDIO BALLS DEEP
tequila Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 Sorry to just bust in like this but, why is it more comfortable? '99 Civic hatch 18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms Videos: Youtube
EricR Posted October 6, 2009 Report Posted October 6, 2009 wall is flat as a clamshell is slanted letting you lean back a bit more i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.