Sonic Electronix

yea it was my first time on any meter so i didn't know. it just seemed weird to me

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

yeah my local shop has the spl190... at from what ive seen it measures within a 1 db more than the tl.... but it all depends if the person who sets it up knows what he is doing...

but the op's metering experience doesnt seem like it would have been anywhere accurate....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

ok it was all in the truck and the guy just told me to hold the mic in my hand and move it around, like even the digital readout was in the truck with me

LOL. If that's the case, 135 would probably be a low ball-park guess. I don't know too much about the meters, but with that power in a blowthrough, I'd say 140 or so.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

If the meter is not setup correctly it can be horribly inaccurate. We have an AC190 at work and it is within 1-1.5db of the TL down the street. And from what you said about how they told you to "meter" it I would guess it isn't setup right.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

an ac can be made very stiff as well with a little tweak of the knobs

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ok it was all in the truck and the guy just told me to hold the mic in my hand and move it around, like even the digital readout was in the truck with me

Are you serious?? If so that is truly sad that a shop doesn't understand how/where to place the mic.

Scores were far from anything legal in any org. then... Personally I'd go back there and ask to re-test stating that they are fucking idiots.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

yea i went in there and asked the guy if i could get it metered and he asked what i had so i told him 2 fifteens with a 3000 watt amp, and he told me 135. at the time i thought it would be somewhere in the 140's. so the next day i went in the back and he brought out a blue bag and hooked it up to and extension cord and told me to hold the Mic and that was it lol.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

If the meter is not setup correctly it can be horribly inaccurate. We have an AC190 at work and it is within 1-1.5db of the TL down the street. And from what you said about how they told you to "meter" it I would guess it isn't setup right.

yea i had overheard on the day before him asking another guy that worked at the same shop how long ago that they had used it. he said about four months, so idk if it was set right, he just put it in the truck and said go for it lol

teamxa2-1.jpg

Dont quote me, but I believe if you want a legal sealed up score, you would want the Mic/sensor 6inches over and half way up the windshield, but there are many other metering spots, at the headrest, in the Kick, Door Open Window Open etc...

Oh and I forgot the best of em all Port Warz LOL.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Dont quote me, but I believe if you want a legal sealed up score, you would want the Mic/sensor 6inches over and half way up the windshield, but there are many other metering spots, at the headrest, in the Kick, Door Open Window Open etc...

Oh and I forgot the best of em all Port Warz LOL.

i was gonna try the port just for fun but i didn't want to fuck anything up lol. and the mic didn't have any suction cup or anything, you had to hold it in your hand. I suppose i could have put it up to the window.

teamxa2-1.jpg