Sundown Audio

Hifonics Brutus???

Kprice89

I am looking to get a bigger amp and was thinking about going with hifonics brutus series. I will powering two alpine type-r 10"s dual 4 ohm subs. I was wondering which amp I should go for the bxi 1210d or bxi 1610d? These subs are rated for 500 rms.

That could get interested with her potential positions, this being one of the better.. As soon as we started getting into it though, I'd have to toss her a serious taint/balls teabag from hell though with her head right there.-Marlo Stanfield

2 RE Audio SX 18's

Audiobahn 2200 Amplifier (soon to be upgraded)

14.34cuft@33hz enclosure

JVC kdr600 headunit(soon to be upgraded)

Big Three Performed

(upgrading alternator and adding more battery power soon)

Those subs can take like 750w daily each without getting into any real trouble... But the BXi1610 @ 1ohm would be perfect for those subs, also look into the Audiopipe 1500D if you're not dead set on the Hifonics amp.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Those subs can take like 750w daily each without getting into any real trouble... But the BXi1610 @ 1ohm would be perfect for those subs, also look into the Audiopipe 1500D if you're not dead set on the Hifonics amp.

x2

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

I am looking to get a bigger amp and was thinking about going with hifonics brutus series. I will powering two alpine type-r 10"s dual 4 ohm subs. I was wondering which amp I should go for the bxi 1210d or bxi 1610d? These subs are rated for 500 rms.

i have a 1608 i used to use and it worked great, right now its in my gfs car pushin two kicker L5s. Ppl say that dont do rated, but they still put out great power. Ive seen ppl putting way more than rated power to alpine subs and they take it just fine.

yeah get that 1606 its rated at 800 at 14.4 but with voltage drop your looking at like 600-500 rms so its all good,

and these brutus are decent they are pushing my kove armagedons at 2 ohms pretty good for only like 400 rms just wish i had more power :(

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

The brutus does rated at 14.4v and all the other amps by maxxsonics besides the Goliath do not do rated power and that is what their representative told me, but every volt you drop is an 18% loss of power output.

Can't remember his damn name right now....

Mike?

I was wandering, and figured that these subs should handle it but wasnt sure. Thanks to all you for the input. I love this site! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

That could get interested with her potential positions, this being one of the better.. As soon as we started getting into it though, I'd have to toss her a serious taint/balls teabag from hell though with her head right there.-Marlo Stanfield

2 RE Audio SX 18's

14.34cuft@33hz enclosure

Big Three Performed

just make sure the gain is set properly and you should have no problems!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Also I was wanting to run my two 10" alpine type r dual 4 ohm subs at 1 ohm. Does anyone know if these will put up with that or not?

2 RE Audio SX 18's

14.34cuft@33hz enclosure

Big Three Performed

No matter what impedence you wire. The subs to the subs will be ok. its more a question of whether the amp will be okay with one ohm. All Brutus amps are ohm stable I believe correct me I'm wrong I'm on nmy phone so I didn't look it up but. I think you said your looking into a 1608d which is on ohm stable. Keep in mind going from four ohm to one ohm means more power. Make sure the subs are okay with that

Sorry if my grammar is messed up I'm still getting used to typing on this touch screen

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived