Sonic Electronix

Memorial build? I want to start competing

Well after my dad's motorcycle accident last week I'm in desperate need of a hobby, I need something to vent my frustrations into, something to get my mind off of things. My 8 year old amp produced its last bass note two days ago, so now I'm just craving bass, never quite realized how relaxing it was until now. I've decided to sell my dirt bike because I have no desire to ever be on two wheels again. My mom and brother told me to spend what I get out of it on something that makes me truly happy, and car audio does just that. A week before his passing I was in the works of trading my ps3 and all its games for three 15's, that fell through and now I'm on a mission. I'm going to build something, something he would be proud of, and I'm going to build it loud. I'm aiming to build a wall, not sure of anything at the moment but that's my goal. But basically I have a few questions.

Could my sunfire handle the weight of a wall? My brother has heavier duty struts that I can have for the rear, but what about the motor? But at the same time, with a wall I won't have to worry about more than one other passenger being in the car so It won't be weighed down anymore than having my backseat filled up with passengers which has never been out of the ordinary.

My budget all depends on how much my dirt bike goes for, so I'm going to say I have around 1000$. I really want to do 18's, probably used, whatever I can get my hands on. Is it possible to get 18's and an amp used for around that much?

Not worried about construction of it, cost of wood and such, my uncle has every wood tool known to man, and can help me build anything along with my brother.

Is peel and seal legal for competitions? Dynamat is too expensive for my current budget.

How many batteries could I safely charge on my 105 amp alt?

Am I at least heading in the right direction? Or am I out of my league?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

sry to hear about your dad hope you can make it loud and the car should be fine it will be like riding around with some homies in the back all the time

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

You could scrape out 2 18's and an amp for 1,000. but electrical is whats going to kill you.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

You could scrape out 2 18's and an amp for 1,000. but electrical is whats going to kill you.

My brother possibly has 2 newer batteries for me, atleast one for sure, with the big 3 you think that would be ok for a few months?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I haven't been to sleep yet, so at around 5 am I posted my bike online, and at 8 I had a call from a guy and he's coming to look at it later this afternoon.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

My brother possibly has 2 newer batteries for me, atleast one for sure, with the big 3 you think that would be ok for a few months?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I haven't been to sleep yet, so at around 5 am I posted my bike online, and at 8 I had a call from a guy and he's coming to look at it later this afternoon.

goodluck man. I think your gunna kill that alt pretty quick.

GL on the build...ill be tuned in...

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Well if your lookin to buy new, I would go with 2 aq 18s. Ive heard nothing but good about AQ and there 18s are 250 a piece. As for the amp, if I had the money I would go with the Audiopipe 3000d. I believe theyre about 300 or so. There are plenty of good deals to be had in the for sale section so I would check that first. Let me know how things go mayne. Sorry about your dad.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

GL on the build. I'll be watching when you post the build log.

As for the engine, cold air intake (K&N and Airaid come to mind) and a completely redone exhaust would be your best bet. It'll cost you, but well worth the money. It would increase HP and, when you put the system in, would help your mileage (though it may not be noticeable at first, your wallet won't feel as light after a fill-up as it would otherwise).

OH, and sorry to hear about your dad.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card