Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Problems

i'll take the subs out of the box and get a better look of them and see if i can see any problems and yes i will try to get a vid up of this horrible noise.

Here is the youtube link for the vid, sorry for the poor quality, my camera is screwed up atm and i had to use my phone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJLL6aRYcxA

You really might wanna deaden the truck, your getting alot of panel rattle making finding a problem even harder but thats prolly where the problem lies. There are alot of products to use like SS, hushmat and others to do the trick. It really sounds like the subs are fine and your just getting cabin noise and mistaking that for bad sounding subs.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You really might wanna deaden the truck, your getting alot of panel rattle making finding a problem even harder but thats prolly where the problem lies. There are alot of products to use like SS, hushmat and others to do the trick. It really sounds like the subs are fine and your just getting cabin noise and mistaking that for bad sounding subs.

yea bro, i never thought of that, thanks for the help! i'll take the box out and listen to it outside the truck but yea i bet that is the problem thanks alot.

I would also make sure the box isn't coming apart, this has happened to me couldn't tell the box snapped at a brace but when we took it apart that was the problem.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

x2 on the broken box, its a surprisingly common thing, and its a pretty distinct noise, but i couldnt really tell from your vid. when you have the subs out just push and pull at all the sides of the box and make sure none wiggle. sometimes a glue joint will break and the carpet holds it together, but lets it move enough to slap together and make some bad noises.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

x2 on the broken box, its a surprisingly common thing, and its a pretty distinct noise, but i couldnt really tell from your vid. when you have the subs out just push and pull at all the sides of the box and make sure none wiggle. sometimes a glue joint will break and the carpet holds it together, but lets it move enough to slap together and make some bad noises.

yea i'll check on that too, thanks again for everyone's suggestions, very helpful!