Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

How Many Run Just One Woofer Setups


MrSoundz

Recommended Posts

Posted

I run a single t2 15 setup and its gets very loud, louder than most dual setups locally, but I'm in a small town.:)...I always prefer to run a single woofer setup because it's always more impressive with one.;)

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Posted

something called the rule of 3, for audio people... if you double what you have.. cone area and power you only gain 3 db. therefore single sub on proper power in proper box can get louder than 2 or aound the same. onlt reason im running 2 is because they were by 1 get 1 free! couldnt pass that up on $500 mspr woofers!

R.I.P '01 blazer you treated my ears well until your transmission blew up.

New Project

[top secret]

149.0 db on music driver window open; so close

I feel some boners are fueled by viagra and not true intimacy!......if you know what i mean....

I swear... sometimes I wish I was retarded so I could just agree with everyone x.
Posted

I run 1 RE XXX 12 of a US Amps AX2000, and I love it!!!

98 Toyota Camry

Eclipse AVN-6600

AudioControl 3.1

AudioControl Epicenter

US Amps AX2000

US Amps MD-43

1 set Alpine type X components

1 set RF Power components

1 12" RE Audio XXX

220 Amp Iraggi Alt.

Red Top (Front)

Kinetic HC-600 (Back)

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Posted

i run a single sub set up right now. much more cost effective lol

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

Posted

I run one dreadnaut 15 on a planet audio vx2200D It's very loud for one 15 and everyone that has sat in the car agreed

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Posted

I love my 1 12, people are amazed when i tell them its only 1 sub. I get props from everybody at my local shops here in town And im always down for a demo. Last I hit was 142.1 @ about 40 hz (forgot to check), I think ill gain more because the sub was still stiff as hell when i ran it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Posted

Like Jacob said I have also tried going to one from two woofers and found higher scores on Termlab. I have sold two of four 15's and am going to run 2 15's giving me more airspace in the box and better effiecent use of the power that I have. I am fully convinced that less woofer and more power and box will turn better numbers in some situations.

Posted

Like Jacob said I have also tried going to one from two woofers and found higher scores on Termlab. I have sold two of four 15's and am going to run 2 15's giving me more airspace in the box and better effiecent use of the power that I have.I am fully convinced that less woofer and more power and box will turn better numbers in some situations.

That is a very true statement, so no need to be convinced lol.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1072 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...