Sonic Electronix

Well I've been browsing the internet for some time on some good sound deadner. I drive an 04 Expedition and want to deaden as much as possible .................. mainly the back hatch, roof and front doors first. I know 2nd skin is the choice on this site along with hushmat. I was looking at fatmat seeing i can purchase 100 sq ft for $130 shipped on ebay. I also notice that each deadner brand says something about 50 and 80 mil, i reckon this is the thickness??? Anyways i'm working on a budget so i'd like you guys opinions on this fatmat.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Go with Second Skin, very affordable and IMO there isn't a better product on the market regardless of price.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

^^^^second that. about 3.75 per square ft. and the more you buy the cheaper. 160 sq ft runs $2.25 per sq ft. killer stuff

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

try out secondskin's new spl tiles??

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

Second Skin is the only deadener I will ever use again. I have proven it to work better in my car over other deadeners by using it and getting more of an increase in spl with it. I would send Ant an email if your looking for a large quantity and he may cut you a deal.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Second Skin is the only deadener I will ever use again. I have proven it to work better in my car over other deadeners by using it and getting more of an increase in spl with it. I would send Ant an email if your looking for a large quantity and he may cut you a deal.

i've actually gotten a quote from Ant. I'm sure it's a good one. I'm not doing SPL comps .................. i just want to stop the rattles. i was thinking 100 sq ft is a lot of deadner even if it's not all that thick like the others. I'm only running 3000rms on subs. after reading all the reviews on fat, hush, dyna and 2nd skin. i find 2nd skin and hush to be on top of the four i've named ............ with 100 sq ft of fatmat i can double on each panel just about.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

Well I've been browsing the internet for some time on some good sound deadner. I drive an 04 Expedition and want to deaden as much as possible .................. mainly the back hatch, roof and front doors first. I know 2nd skin is the choice on this site along with hushmat. I was looking at fatmat seeing i can purchase 100 sq ft for $130 shipped on ebay. I also notice that each deadner brand says something about 50 and 80 mil, i reckon this is the thickness??? Anyways i'm working on a budget so i'd like you guys opinions on this fatmat.

pass on fatmat when you want "good Deadener"

pass on fatmat when you want "good Deadener"

well i guess i can check off fatman then. i'll look more into the hush and 2nd skin and see which one i can get the most of with my money for. i just want enough to put on my back hatch, front doors and possible 2nd doors. i don't want to spend a load of loot though.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

I'm glad others got to you about passing on Fatmat before I did.

I placed an order a couple years ago (around 2002/2003 I think). It was paid through my paypal account. Never saw the product. About a month later, if I remember, their account got froze. I never got the money back, never got the product, and they never got my respect.

Go second skin. Good customer support and prices. My van will proudly be uniformed in SS products one day.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia