Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaxfire69

How Can I Tell If I Burnt A Voice Coil?

25 posts in this topic

Don't know if I did or not. My speaker just sounds different. Almost like my box blew apart or something like that..Just doesn't have that punch that it had the other day..If I hooked a volt meter up to each coil and checked for conductivity would that work?? Or how would I go about checking it with a Volt meter?? Or would just hooking up each coil to the amp and seeing if it plays..Duh...Any way can I do it with a volt meter..?? I'm also going to check my box, but this is a hell of an ordeal, casue in order to get the sub out I have to take the box out. And taking the box out involves removing my backseat..and pulling it out from the inside.....Oh this sucks.. :angry:

check the ohm load with the meter, smell it, push on the cone and see if you hear a "crunching" noise. all those work

I don't think I have dropped a coil..I think either my box or my car blew apart..I will check everything when it is light and I have some time..I hear way to many rattles now..That is why I think something has let lose..Cause every since I installed the sub everything felt real tight and the pressure was real high inside the cab. Now it just doesn't have the pressure it has..I might be losing my mind but That is what it feels like..

If you blew a coil, you would already smell it even if your box is sealed. I'm thinkin' a loose tinsel or connection of some sort my be the root that your problem consists of.

a while back my box made this noise and i thougt it was the sub but later i found out it was the box...so check the box (this was my OLD box with the punch HE2s)

Yea I will check it all. And no I haven't heard a louder system..Mine is still loud it just sounds a little different..Might be the suspension freeing up...I don't know..I will see..In the Am..I really think my car is not gonna make it through this one. I went to the gas station a couple of minutes ago and saw that my Plastic that surrounds the vents above my radio have cracked all the way through and are broke now..My car is taking a beating..

You were probably very impressed when first upgrading so you were blown away with the bass. Now you are begining to get used to the amount of bass and it isnt as impressive as it once was. Thats all.

actually this is a good topic because sometimes it feels like my sub isn't hiting that hard but then the next day it is or so on... is it that my hearing is gettin worse or something and i havn't heard anything hit harder latly wat could it be???

actually this is a good topic because sometimes it feels like my sub isn't hiting that hard but then the next day it is or so on... is it that my hearing is gettin worse or something and i havn't heard anything hit harder latly wat could it be???

Acctaully i must admit i have had this happen to me to. One day it sounds like its not hitting hard the next its slamming. I Just think its all in the mind.

Edited by civichatch