Losing a father/mother/loved one

My dad has been sick since 2002 when he was diagnosed with leukemia cancer. Numerous goes with chemo and it came back, so last chance was for him to have a bone marrow transplant. This happened in Feb in Toronto.

He came to see me graduate in June for 2 weeks and had to go back. He went back into the hospital and in August we visited him, the day after seeing him and bringing him outside to sit and eat, he developed an ammonia. He was put into ICU at 1 am that night, with me, my brother and mom at his side. Few days went by and they found out what he had. From then to know he had to have a breathing tube later a trachea, extremely high heart rate, low blood pressure, lung issues, and pretty much everything else that could go wrong went wrong.

Well finally his breathing improved so much that the ICU kicked him out, with me and my brother being back home, my mom only to be by his side, we were all so happy. First time in almost 7.5 weeks that he would be out of the ICU at toronto general, and back at the PMH. Later that night, it was shortlived, because his breathing and x-ray had shown that his lungs were severely damaged, some disease that alot of AIDS patients develop and would take over a year to clear. My mom decided not to let him suffer again, and the doctors told us he would have 3 days at the max, this was tuesday.

Wednesday we were flown in to be with my mom and my ill dad. I cant say how hard it is to watch your ill father die infront of you, especially after seeing how hard he has battled time and time again.

And on friday october 8th, my dad took his last breath with me and my uncle being at his side. :give_rose:

Its been hard for me and my brother, but I believe we are both taking it pretty well, as we have grown these past 8 months without really seeing our dad. But our memories with him, and state of shock still make it that much harder.

So I would like everyone to be thankful for parents that love you, and really dont hate your life as there will always be someone in a harder position than you are.

p2pb5221902.jpg

Team PSI

Team Shock Industries

Team XS Power

Vertex Audio

Sundown Audio

Knukonceptz

My dad has been sick since 2002 when he was diagnosed with leukemia cancer. Numerous goes with chemo and it came back, so last chance was for him to have a bone marrow transplant. This happened in Feb in Toronto.

He came to see me graduate in June for 2 weeks and had to go back. He went back into the hospital and in August we visited him, the day after seeing him and bringing him outside to sit and eat, he developed an ammonia. He was put into ICU at 1 am that night, with me, my brother and mom at his side. Few days went by and they found out what he had. From then to know he had to have a breathing tube later a trachea, extremely high heart rate, low blood pressure, lung issues, and pretty much everything else that could go wrong went wrong.

Well finally his breathing improved so much that the ICU kicked him out, with me and my brother being back home, my mom only to be by his side, we were all so happy. First time in almost 7.5 weeks that he would be out of the ICU at toronto general, and back at the PMH. Later that night, it was shortlived, because his breathing and x-ray had shown that his lungs were severely damaged, some disease that alot of AIDS patients develop and would take over a year to clear. My mom decided not to let him suffer again, and the doctors told us he would have 3 days at the max, this was tuesday.

Wednesday we were flown in to be with my mom and my ill dad. I cant say how hard it is to watch your ill father die infront of you, especially after seeing how hard he has battled time and time again.

And on friday october 8th, my dad took his last breath with me and my uncle being at his side. :give_rose:

Its been hard for me and my brother, but I believe we are both taking it pretty well, as we have grown these past 8 months without really seeing our dad. But our memories with him, and state of shock still make it that much harder.

So I would like everyone to be thankful for parents that love you, and really dont hate your life as there will always be someone in a harder position than you are.

Damn man im really sorry to hear about your loss. At least he is no longer having to suffer and to a point I feel your pain because right now my g/f is battling cancer in her Lymph System she is doing rather well but i know all to well that cancer can take severe turns quickly. I will pray for your family since i know to an extent what pain you are experiencing with watching a loved one suffer and not be able to do anything about it.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

sorry for your loss man, I had to go thru with the same thing 2 years ago. My father and I never really were too close, but he started to try and reach out to me, when I found it its because he had diabetes bad, and colon cancer. He faught thru the colon cancer, and then got stuff with a tumor at the base of his brain, and lung cancer. He lived with lung cancer for about 6 months or so before he died. He didn't die in front of me, but he was on hospice, and his wife called me/emailed me a few times to call my dad, not to talk, but to tell him anything I have ever wanted to tell him. It took me 2 whole days to gain up the courage to call. So I called, and told him I'am sorry for everything he had to deal with while I was a teenager, the drugs, the fighting, jail, everything. of course he want able to talk back, he was on a breathing machine, and hooked up to machines.

So anyways, I think that was the hardest thing I ever had to do, I know it was, hung up... and he died that night

Its hard man, but you will let go eventually. I know I didnt go to work for a week after that

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

AWW man that just made me sad bro.sucks when you lose someone that you truly love and care for.at least your keeping your head up man and doing all right.Just remember he is in a better place where all those problems no longer suffice man hes off in peace.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

damn dude that made me cry

im sorry 4 ur lost i dont think i chould watch that with my mom or dad

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Sorry to hear you lost your dad. I grew up without a mother and my father worked out of town 3/4 of the year so my grandmother pretty much raised me. I was at her side when she passed. It was the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life, but looking back, I'm glad I was there.

I know you're going to hear a lot of advice, but the best thing I can say based off my experience, is that if you're sad, feel sad. If you're angry, be angry. Acknowledge those feelings and grieve. Deal with the shit as it comes up. Don't bottle it up.

I hope you and your family can find some peace.

1993 Chevy Suburban

Optima Yellow Top

Kenwood KDC X-993

Pioneer GM-X314 mids amp

Kenwood KFC-4675's up front

Kenwood KFC-415C in back

Fosgate T1500-1bd

Alpine 12" Type X

(Coming eventually: Fosgate T400-4, T1652-S, XS battery, Big 3, h.o. alternator, 18"???)

image,BoxingBuffalo,grey,black.png

Sorry for your loss. October 2nd my dad was in a motorcyle accident. Its really hard bro, but I know what your going through, give me a pm i'll give you my number if you need to talk or something. This is by far the hardest thing i've ever been through in my life, but know this, if you can make it through this you can make it through anything man. Don't take anything for granted, life can change in he blink of an eye.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

damn that was deep bro..

i read it and my eyes got watery...brought back all my memories on the people i lost and loved ones that i lost..!!..

its hard bro but what can you do now?.dont take it bad..but keep your head up my brotha..continue with life or try

and im real sorry you lost your dad.. thats one thing im scared about..loosing my dad. im so close to him

that i dont know what i would do if i lost him!..

and always remember stay strong my man and keep your head up! as he is in a better place now!

Edited by DUBIE

Sorry for you loss. I lost my father April 2005. It's going to be hard for you and your family but stick together, talk about it, and things will eventually get better. I know you miss you dad, as I miss mines. Either way, when I think about my dad, I listen to Luther Vandross' "Dance with my father". Sorry if it has nothing to do with this thread but that song always brings a tear to my eyes and makes me reminisce of the times I had with my dad. Give it a listen, great song, sad song. Even has nice bass (laugh bro). Keep ya head up.

damn just reading these make me tear up a little, Im lucky enough to have my parents still and am very close with both of them, But my father has gained alot of weight recently and it is hurting him bad and i can see that and i feel terrible, i try to motivate him to get up and moving to try and lose the weight because i am terrified to lose him, he has always been my best friend/Mentor and i honestly do not know what i would do without him.

Im very sorry for your loss but im glad to see you taking it as well as u are, as one other posted just dont bottle up your emotions its only going to make it harder, show them, share them and cope with them. Things will always get better.

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png