ive had mine done for almost 10yrs, at one point i had it gauged to a 2ga, now a 6ga still falls right in and i havent wore jewlery in it in close to 4 years

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

I tried eating a piece of bread, and it was quite difficult. I was curious if those ensure drinks are okay to drink so I can get my vitamins and minerals, since I will lose some weight (Not that that's a bad thing). Any other foods that are safe to eat (or drink, really)?

8v fury said:

To be 100% honest, you will be eating and drinking normally in about 3 days as long as you keep up on care, the mouth heals so fast, the tenderness will go away fast. The fianl heal will take about 2-3 weeks and you will be rattlin your teeth with it constantly. Keep in mind tho, just because its "healed" in 2 weeks, doesnt mean you can take it out for long periods of time. a 14/12ga(14 is std) hole in your tongue can and will heal shut within an hour or two in most cases for well over a year after the initial heal period. Now gauging obviously stops this and 10ga is most peoples "sweet" spot to keep a healed hole for good. Now of course there are always those different from the "norm" so use this as a general..

Advil or Motrin can be used the first 2days to control swelling and Ice of course.Sea Salt rinses help greatly as well.

Hope this Helps!

Lung

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

To be 100% honest, you will be eating and drinking normally in about 3 days as long as you keep up on care, the mouth heals so fast, the tenderness will go away fast. The fianl heal will take about 2-3 weeks and you will be rattlin your teeth with it constantly. Keep in mind tho, just because its "healed" in 2 weeks, doesnt mean you can take it out for long periods of time. a 14/12ga(14 is std) hole in your tongue can and will heal shut within an hour or two in most cases for well over a year after the initial heal period. Now gauging obviously stops this and 10ga is most peoples "sweet" spot to keep a healed hole for good. Now of course there are always those different from the "norm" so use this as a general..

Advil or Motrin can be used the first 2days to control swelling and Ice of course.Sea Salt rinses help greatly as well.

Hope this Helps!

Lung

I got some Listerine antiseptic and I diluted it with more than 50% water, I brush when I get up, after meals, and before I go to bed. I took some ibuprofen last night for swelling and pain. The only thing that hurts is the underside of the tongue by the exit hole, and the fermium (that weird thing under the tongue) In a few days I will get the shorter bar with a dental grade acrylic ball. My tongue doesn't look all that swollen, but then again I sucked on some ice chips and drank lots of cold water.

If there are any other tips and tricks for care or whatever, please feel free to share. :)

Thanks for everyone's input!

8v fury said:

have had mine done for 12 years.... I had no pain I was eating double cheaseburgers the same day I got it.... i tryed to get rid of it but I have panic attacks cause its not there its soothing to me like a blanky for a baby..... I dont kno y but it is

second day i had mine done my work ordered applebees car side to go for the store, i got somethin with salsa.... not good.... an dont try to eat noodles, they get wrapped in it and it just doesnt work out... lol

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

i was drunk and somehow got mine pierced.. woke up and said WTF THIS IS GAY!!! let the swelling go down and took that shit out!!! the same night i got my tongue done i got my ex's name on my arm :fool: got that shit covered up too lol

edit: those 4days of healing sucked ass. trying to eat biting the bar. trying to talk the bar would hit my teeth. god i hated it. now i cant whistle like i use to. :cray:

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Archived