Sonic Electronix

144 decent numbers on music? First Time metered

My first time ever getting metered at a local car show/sound off w/ a term lab sealed up. I just finished putting the system together 1am night prior and had to drive 5 hours to the location. So i had no time to dial in my system. The truck is an S10 ex. cab. w/ 4 12" T1's tuned to 35hz wired to 2ohm on a t20001 and a t4004 to 2 RF components w/ a stock alternator. The song I was playing was Gorilla Zoe - Money Man. My electrical was dropping into the 9's hahaha...I have a 250a alternator just had no time to install it!. I won the competition out of like 10 vehicles, but I feel like my system should've did more. Could I have got a higher just using a bass cd? any tips for getting a higher score?? Wouldv'e the alternator been the simple solution to higher numbers?

143.3 @ 32hz Sealed up/mic on dash w/term lab.

RF 20001bd

RF T6004

4 T1 12's

2 sets T162S

RAVDVD2

My first time ever getting metered at a local car show/sound off w/ a term lab sealed up. I just finished putting the system together 1am night prior and had to drive 5 hours to the location. So i had no time to dial in my system. The truck is an S10 ex. cab. w/ 4 12" T1's tuned to 35hz wired to 2ohm on a t20001 and a t4004 to 2 RF components w/ a stock alternator. The song I was playing was Gorilla Zoe - Money Man. My electrical was dropping into the 9's hahaha...I have a 250a alternator just had no time to install it!. I won the competition out of like 10 vehicles, but I feel like my system should've did more. Could I have got a higher just using a bass cd? any tips for getting a higher score?? Wouldv'e the alternator been the simple solution to higher numbers?

Yeah put the alt on was the score on a avg if so find a bass song with a good steady beat any extra batterys?

You should see the score go up

Yeah put the alt on was the score on a avg if so find a bass song with a good steady beat any extra batterys?

You should see the score go up

The score was pretty much whatever the highest db you hit?? I'm not too sure. All I have really done to my electrical was a yellow top and big three. I will look into a kinetik. There was a excursion there w/ 10 12" P3's and it did a 143. A shop's bass truck. I was pretty amazed I was higher. You have any suggestions for a good bass song? everyone had them and I didn't! haha..felt like the odd ball out.

RF 20001bd

RF T6004

4 T1 12's

2 sets T162S

RAVDVD2

Bring up your voltage ASAP if u want those amps to work for much longer... But your scores will go up by burping tones and after installing your alt.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

144dB is not a bad score for the first time. Hell, it isn't bad at any time to tell the truth. Get your voltage drop fixed. You're gonna have to play around with the music a bit to find what hits harder. I know for a fact 1 song can make a HUGE difference. We had a guy at a show here hitting 134dB on music (termlab and sealed up). I can't remember what song he was using. I told him to try my Lil' Jon cd, track number 8, 20 seconds in. His score went up to 144dB. A whopping 10dB difference just by changing music.

I still beat him though. (just had to put that in, sorry)

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

For sure good numbers. I would put that alt in asap you don't wanna smoke your amp or mess the subs up. As for wiring them down to .5 ohm I wouldn't unless you throw in some more batts I don't think those amps would like it even with a decent electrical setup. But that's your call, those amps sometimes Ive seen make more power at 2 ohms than 1ohms anyways so .5 might not even help that much.

144dB is not a bad score for the first time. Hell, it isn't bad at any time to tell the truth. Get your voltage drop fixed. You're gonna have to play around with the music a bit to find what hits harder. I know for a fact 1 song can make a HUGE difference. We had a guy at a show here hitting 134dB on music (termlab and sealed up). I can't remember what song he was using. I told him to try my Lil' Jon cd, track number 8, 20 seconds in. His score went up to 144dB. A whopping 10dB difference just by changing music.

I still beat him though. (just had to put that in, sorry)

I know what you guys mean about one song making a difference in numbers. I did 144 first run, second run I did 140 w/ the Dream - I luv your girl. This track really beat my electrical system. I'm installing my new Mech. Man alt. today and just make sure it goes together right.

Dude, if you beat that Excursion, you're on the right track. Play around with some different songs to see what is loudest in your truck.

Hahahaha...yeah it was a very intimidating truck. had like 4 kinetiks in the back, like 5 of the new big fosgate amps (not sure of size, but pretty big for new stuff) and it just beinga shops bass truck. It did a 143. Beat it by 1 db haha...pretty stoked when I heard I won by 1 db.

RF 20001bd

RF T6004

4 T1 12's

2 sets T162S

RAVDVD2