Hu, Eq And 2 Amps?

Guest clifford3030

Guest clifford3030

Alright my head has three outputs(front, rear, subs) and i have an EQ with 1 in and out and 2 amps(speakers/sub).... now how do i run the rca cables???

Thanks

You don't really need an EQ for your subs so just choose which set of speakers you want to use the EQ for & just install it In-line between your HU & amp. You will most likely need another EQ like the one you have.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Guest clifford3030

um ya i got the kicker 30 band one and i have 2 amps, one for both sets of comps and one for subs, now why would i need another EQ if you say i don't need one for the subs

you dont need another one. use the sub output of your head to your sub amp. run rcas from your head unit to your eq and use splitters or y cables from the output of your head to your component amps.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Guest clifford3030

OK again i have a 4 channel amp that runs ALL my comps, i'm just going to get a Y splitter and run the EQ to both my amps and see what happens.

If you have an equalizer for it, choose which you want the equalizer for, the Subs for the Components..

Then Wire like this..

HU -----> RCA----> Y-Split

THEN... from Y-Split run like this...

Y----RCA---->EQ-----Comp Amp

Y----RCA---->Sub Amp

...So put the EQ on the amp that is powering your Components.. the subs dont really need the EQ .. at least not as much as the compnents would..

06 SCION tC

Guest clifford3030

the voltage bump is another reason i got the EQ. I think i will run it to both and see how that does first. Thanks

Archived