well my tv took a shit on me... and now i need a plasma :blush:

the thing is... i'm not sure what i'm looking for...

i want real a real clean picture that i can play my xbox games on and watch hd-dvd movies on...

i see some with contrast ratio of 4000:1 and so to 10000:1

also i see some with low resolution and some with higher

anyone have suggestions on a 42" plasma thats real nice ? thats around $1000 ? thats cool ?

*speakers arn't needed*

get like a samsung. those are good tvs.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• 1 month later...
Samsung is good, but why plasma? The life on those things are shitty, and image burning is easy on those.

They used to be when they first came out, but now they'll last you quite a long time.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

i dont have plasma.....its a Samsung 56" DLP i soooo wanted the 61" but it wouldnt fit in our entertainment center.....got it from conns....95$ a month :lol:B) nice shit

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

They used to be when they first came out, but now they'll last you quite a long time.

LCDs offer higher resolutions than plasmas of the same size. They also have excellent image stability. In other words, you can sit close without experiencing eye fatigue. Additionally, LCDs boast a longer lifetime than plasma televisions – on average about 50,000 hours versus 30,000 hours.

That is what tiger direct says about it, I may be wrong though...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I have 2 friends that have LG LCD TV's and they seem to like them, no problems with them at all. I also have 2 friends with 56" Samsung DLP TV's and they like them as well, agian no problems. If your not going to mount it on the wall I'd just get a DLP. For the same size DLP TV it's going to be a lot cheaper than an LCD or Plasma.

The bad thing about DLP is it is rear projection... So that means that it is bulkier making it harder to mount... If you do mount it, make sure you dont mess up, and when your watching your shows, your tv takes a dive hahaha. that would blow.

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif