what do you think about 6.5" speaker in an enclosure?

what do you guys this about putting a 6.5" speaker in an enclosure in the doors? do you think it would help get more midbass out of them? how big would the box need to be? or rather, whats the smallest box you would ever use?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

come on guys. lets hear some input.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

when i did door pods on my f250 the midbass was stronger and much cleaner, before they were just "free aired" in the door and worked fine but had a tinny sound, now ive had people ask if i have subs in there at all, but its just 6.5's :) i wouldnt make the "box" very big at all, id say .3 would be more than big enough, i also added some polyfil and that helped the sound too

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

mine are basically in sealed pods, i guess .4 or so total for 2 mids. pobably should put some polyfill. I feel like the output was cut, but it extends lower and sounds....fuller. almost like it has more warmth to it than mounted i/b

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

ah crap. i dont think i can make a pod that big... unless i cut the door panels and mount the speakers to the plastic. i was thinking about doing that and having the screws that hold the speakers on, go all the way through to the metal so i wouldn't have to worry about the plastic being too weak. then makeing my pod inside the panel. just not sure if i want to cut that door...

Edited by skittlesRgood

I've wondered this numerous times and just didnt ask.. Maybe ill make small boxes for my 6.5s if room allows me to keep a stock look with good sound.

Edited by DGold

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

I would not run them in a sealed enclosure if it is a midrange (playing anything above 500Hz or so). If it’s a midbass (playing around 500Hz and under) maybe, but there really is no need. Just deaden your doors good and with most decent component sets you will have plenty of midbass. Running them in a sealed enclosure is going to make them less efficient and hurt the upper end frequency response.

In my experance in training from differnt lines most manufactures design their drivers to be free aired. Kicker used to give enclosure specs for their mids but recently I called and asked Focal about this because I was going to enclose their K2 speakers and they told me that this was not a good idea. So I guess I would just call and ask the manufacture if it were me, no sense in wasting time on it if it's not going to sound good.

The Shoe Maker without shoes!

• 2 weeks later...

i think this concept goes both ways, my kicker comp set is i/b in front doors, but my kicker coax are in there own lil sealed boxs in the back up above my subs n they sound killer

now i tryed sealing off my mids in my geo n had hardly any midbass afterward so it totally depends

im gunna redo my front doors, im gunna take out that lil speaker plate thing that the mid mounts to n cut out a duplicate of it in 1/4'' birch and make a lil sealed enclosure on the back side to seal it up n then put resen on it so the water in the door doesnt affect the wood n make it rot

i would try it, couldn't hurt, if anything u can put a lil port in it lol

but i get good responce on higher notes and lower ones in my setup even befor i put in the 8's

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif