Sonic Electronix

Ok, so the height is good now, but with the bracing I still get 3.14 cubes (which he doesnt want)

But for 2 12's I get 3.81 cubes w/ 16.5 inches of height with everything i need for a good box. He wants input on aq not weather or not the box will work.

Go like 5 or 6 posts up where I first talked about the 12s opinion and that should help u guys out.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

If i was you i would def go with 2 HDC3 10's in 1.5cu each. Their woofers slam from the 18's down to the 10s if you put them in the right box.

He wants more cone area, and I think those subs in about 1.75-2 cubes will slam.

He wants more cone area, and I think those subs in about 1.75-2 cubes will slam.

Off only 2k total and in a small box for 12s I'd go elsewhere for woofers, unless you're planning on running SDCs. Which I'm pretty sure aren't in stock right now. It's pointless to get woofers like that with a small amount of power per woofer in an inefficient enclosure. With a different sub in those conditions you will see much better results. Besides the ones I mentioned before also look into LVL3s + DD 2512s.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

Off only 2k total and in a small box for 12s I'd go elsewhere for woofers, unless you're planning on running SDCs. Which I'm pretty sure aren't in stock right now. It's pointless to get woofers like that with a small amount of power per woofer in an inefficient enclosure. With a different sub in those conditions you will see much better results. Besides the ones I mentioned before also look into LVL3s + DD 2512s.

On 2.5 k rms, I think is plenty enuogh for the two aq's, in 3.8 cubes, isnt the usual enclosure for a 12 about 1.5-2.5 cunes, I dont see a problem here?

There the HD Series sub not the SD's

Edited by Crump

On 2.5 k rms, I think is plenty enuogh for the two aq's, in 3.8 cubes, isnt the usual enclosure for a 12 about 1.5-2.5 cunes, I dont see a problem here?

There the HD Series sub not the SD's

Those woofers are in there "sweet spot" around 2000-3000w per woofer in like 2-2.25ft3 per each sub... You could be alrite w/ 1250w per sub if you went with a larger box, say 2.5-2.75 per woofer to increase efficiency. Also gotta remember after impedance rise and voltage drops your subs won't be seeing 1250w each either. You will also be decreasing the efficiency of the woofer in that size box, thus it requiring more power to get to its potential. This is the main reason why i suggested looking into a single 15(which u decided against) or running other woofers that will do better with that power in that sized enclosure.

I've attempted to explain it multiple times now trying to help u out, seems as though you either don't understand what I'm saying or you're just stuck on getting the HDC3s. I have a ton of experience with too many woofers to count in hundreds of setups, this is all coming from real world experience unlike many others on here which are just guessing by looking at numbers and others posts.

I tried to give u the best advice i could but for some reason I'm guessing you're still gonna run HDC3s.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

Those woofers are in there "sweet spot" around 2000-3000w per woofer in like 2-2.25ft3 per each sub... You could be alrite w/ 1250w per sub if you went with a larger box, say 2.5-2.75 per woofer to increase efficiency. Also gotta remember after impedance rise and voltage drops your subs won't be seeing 1250w each either. You will also be decreasing the efficiency of the woofer in that size box, thus it requiring more power to get to its potential. This is the main reason why i suggested looking into a single 15(which u decided against) or running other woofers that will do better with that power in that sized enclosure.

I've attempted to explain it multiple times now trying to help u out, seems as though you either don't understand what I'm saying or you're just stuck on getting the HDC3s. I have a ton of experience with too many woofers to count in hundreds of setups, this is all coming from real world experience unlike many others on here which are just guessing by looking at numbers and others posts.

I tried to give u the best advice i could but for some reason I'm guessing you're still gonna run HDC3s.

Marlo is trying to explain to you guys..

Just read.

And Oren, you know AQ is good so why would you post a thread asking if they're good?

Edited by Slapuhho

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

Audioque subs have been designed to extract max performance from moderate box volumes. The 8" subs work in 1.0cuft, 10-inch subs work in 1.5cuft, 12-inch subs work in 2.5cuft, and 15-inch subs work in 4.5cuft. Use these box volumes in multiples to calculate larger usable box volumes.

this is for sdc and hdc

marlo is on point, these are not the ideal subs for ur application

something like a dc lvl4, re sx, havoc, q... all of these would be better suited for a smaller box closer to 1000-1250w

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Ok, so new box specs, are 4.6 cubes @ 35 hertz MAX DEMENSIONS so no more cubes to gain anywhere, will the .2 cubes per woofer really matter, cuz he doesnt want to spend 700 bucks on 2 12s that can take 1k daily and be loud. Cant get DC because Slapuhho would slit his wrist because he wouldnt be the only one in champaign who had them. So two choices, a 15" Btl in too small of a box (which you guys have said is a bad thing, which it is) = 3.15 cubes OR 2 12" AQ HD's with 2.3 cubes PER woofer and tuned to 35 hertz. Seems like an easy decision to me.