one run of 1/0 for 8k rms?

Am I a moron or is there something wrong with this wiring diagram?

finalwiring.gif

He has 6000+ watts on his subs and 2k rms on his mids and highs all ran off one run.

Drew

Edited by fearof85

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

x2, im a visual person and even that confuses the living hell out of me.

edit: but what im getting from it is that the 6 batteries are connected to the 2 Z1's with 200amp fuses.

the compressor and front stage is going into distro blocks, then for some reason one wire from the + distro block goes to the rear battery bank and the other one goes to the front battery...ditto for the black.

wait...are the front batts connected to the rear? unless that random battery on the bottom is another rear batt that doesnt make sense to me

edit 2: i would use at LEAST 4 runs for 8krms. of both + and -.

Edited by Krannyman92

It works.

would i pull 6K+ watts from that setup? Hell no.

I would do at least two runs of 1/0 to each battery bank and tapped the compressor off the back. Also grounding the bank to the body in the back as well as running ground runs to the front.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Basically he has two runs of 1/0 to the batteries then from there he has it split to the rest of his system. One run of power, one run of ground.

He said that the one run of power is sufficient because all it does is charge the battery bank, from there the batteries take over the 900 ampere current draw.

I have always known to run multiple runs if running more than 4000 rms but if what he says is true then I'll have 30ft of 4/0 for sale shortly.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

The way I see it is his wire only needs to be able to handle the amount of current his alternator can put out. If his alt can only put out 200 amps then that is all the current that can be passing through that wire trying to recharge his battery bank, right? If he only burps the system I think it would probably do ok, but if he is trying to play high volume for a long time he's going to need multiple alts which will mean he will need additional runs to handle them. I'm not saying I know it all and could very easily be over looking something so please correct me if I'm wrong.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg