Sonic Electronix

hey eveyone im zach and if u didnt know i have two ten inch visonik subwoofers rated 500watts i dont know what omh they are the subwoofer as two connections on it like a positive and negative on each side like left and right. they are old models i guess but still pound off my 600 watt amp. my real question is i like the visonik subs and dont have the money for name brand stuff and i saw at pep boys they have two tens "visonik" newer models for 34.99 there rated 500 watts and like 300 rms and they are 4 ohms and like have male spades just on one side i guess like atandard speaker and i need to know if i buy them can i put them in the box that i am running my current tens in so i will have 4 tens?

please help :huh:

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

i wouldnt. get some newer subs and ditch yours :)

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

like what get the newer models of what i have. the ones i have are heavy and beafy and the surround is like 3/4 inch wide and on the newer ones at pepboys dont weight as much and the surround is like a little over 1/4 wide so what do you reccomend for 50 dollars for two subs

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

id say save up alil more and get some kicker cvrs or somethin along those lines.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

You need to find out what your amps impedance level is capable of being bridged to. then you need to hook a multimeter up to your subs and test the resistance of each coil. Your subs are dual voice coil, so they are probably dual 4 ohm if I had to guess. Anyway right now you have the numerous possibilities of impedances with those subs... You could be running at two 8ohm loads two 2ohm loads or one 16 ohm (more than likely not) one 4ohm load or a single 1ohm load. If your amp is capable of running 1ohm loads safely you will get the most power from that and not need more cheap subs. You can save your money and start upgrading then.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

heres the pic of what i have

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

heres the pic of the ones i were looking at today

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

so can i mix them together or do you not recommend me doing that

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

even though there the same brand but different ohm subs i shouldnt mix them

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

not recommended they may be made by the same company but its like mixing a p1 with a t1 from fosgate....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

if you got some subs just like the ones you have now, i wouldnt even mix those cause they werent broken in the same time yours were and maybe looser or tighter than yours.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Archived