newls1 Posted October 27, 2009 Report Posted October 27, 2009 (edited) Well, after having a fairly shitty day, I was bringing over a treadmill that I was giving to my neighbor, I look over on the other side of my property, and what do I see.............A FUCKING RIVER!!!! Common sense makes me obviously want to find out where it was coming from...... YUP, YOU GUESSED IT........ THE WATER MAIN!!!! YAAH . What a cluster fuck that was to fix. I called our water authority of course thinking they would fix it...............NOPE! If it was on the side of the main toward the street, then yes, but my leak was on the other side of the main, where all the piping is only PVC???? Why the fuck use PVC piping, I guess from being from up north, and seeing copper piping all over, but I guess this shit is strong. Long story short, the water guy just shut the main valve (Which I of course could have done) and left. I took my dirty ass self to home depot, got 4$ worth of repair materials, and got to work. In 10minutes all was fixed, and I now have water again FTW!!!! What a weird day today was. Edited October 27, 2009 by newls1 Quote I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Namosh Posted October 27, 2009 Report Posted October 27, 2009 There's nothing wrong with PVC pipe. I've been plumbing it for years and as long as it is done right it will last forever. When you fixed it did you use primer? And let it set for a couple of hours before turning it back on? Quote My Ram Quad Cab Blow-through
newls1 Posted October 27, 2009 Author Report Posted October 27, 2009 There's nothing wrong with PVC pipe. I've been plumbing it for years and as long as it is done right it will last forever. When you fixed it did you use primer? And let it set for a couple of hours before turning it back on? PVC seems great. Cant believe its strength. I bought some fast trying cement glue for the PVC, along with primer of course. The bottle said dry time is 20minutes, sets in 30secs. I left the water off for 30 minutes, turned it on, and all seems well for now. Quote I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Namosh Posted October 27, 2009 Report Posted October 27, 2009 (edited) Good deal. If ya ever want to put in lawn sprinklers now you've got experience! Edited October 27, 2009 by Namosh Quote My Ram Quad Cab Blow-through
SQMonte Posted October 27, 2009 Report Posted October 27, 2009 No, people die in 3's Quote Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Jared420 Posted October 27, 2009 Report Posted October 27, 2009 yea i do a good amount of plumbing work pvc is pretty strong when done right. I live in mass tho and our winters would tear that shit up, we use the copper mostly here but some places pvc it just all depends on how much water pressure will be held in the pipes. You dont need to let it dry for that long usually, better to be safe than sorry but sometimes my company will get swimming pool piping jobs and some of those get up to 30-45 psi and I usually give it about 5 minutes and turn it on and I have never had any fitting pop off or any leaks. primer and the cement work together and dry and set real fast. Quote 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.