Second Skin Audio

What did i just do to my fi bl?

i was blasting my music just now and i kept smellin smoke i could see it wasnt my amp so i kept it up cuz i thought maybe it was somethin outside. it kept smelling so i pulled over popped my trunk and smoke was pouring out my port. My sub was still playin as loud so i woulda never thought thats were the smoke was coming from but it was. What could be wrong? it still plays.

Its running off a sundown saz1500d by the way.

I think i just blew 1 of the coils not both cause it plays as loud to me.

Edited by tlee2

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

thats the coil on the sub burning. probably because you didnt set the gains correctly and your clipping.

if you EVER smell smoke. turn it down 1st and see if it goes away. dont just assume its something outside.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thats the coil on the sub burning. probably because you didnt set the gains correctly and your clipping.

thats probably right cuz i changed my gains right before it started smoking

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

go search how to set your gains. then go pray your coil doesnt fall apart from the damage you did to it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you're gunna need a recone probably... you should always periodicly feel the dustcap and see how hot it gets after a song... but anyways you need to set your gains with an oscope to make sure you're not sending it clipped signals

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

i was blasting my music just now and i kept smellin smoke i could see it wasnt my amp so i kept it up cuz i thought maybe it was somethin outside. it kept smelling so i pulled over popped my trunk and smoke was pouring out my port. My sub was still playin as loud so i woulda never thought thats were the smoke was coming from but it was. What could be wrong? it still plays.

Its running off a sundown saz1500d by the way.

Im sorry, but I have to say this:................................ Heres your sign...... :fool:

Like the guy above said, you might want to consider checking the dust caps for heat every now and then. Man, sorry this happened to ya, but you know for next time.

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

well its worste then i thought i just took the sub out and a big section of the soft parts burnt to ash. ill prob buy a 09 model bl now and get a recone for a old one if they got it and maybe sell it idk

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

Im sorry, but I have to say this:................................ Heres your sign...... :fool:

Like the guy above said, you might want to consider checking the dust caps for heat every now and then. Man, sorry this happened to ya, but you know for next time.

X2

And you'll need a recone. If smoke was pouring out of the port, your coils are probably gonna be black.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card