Second Skin Audio

help on a 8" midbass driver

skittlesRgood

some brands i just dont like. i believe i can do better than what RF has to offer.

edit - just cause meade uses them doesnt make them the best.

im a eclipse and diamond guy... i dont care what meade uses personally.... i said meade uses them in small enclosures.... i contacted RF before meade was planning his upgrade on the hoe because my friend is a hard core RF fan and im doing a install for him.. i asked them about 8" midbass drivers they told me there subs will handle mid bass frequency just fine...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

no idea what box those need but you have 2 that are out of my price range and one thats too low end for what i want to do. thank you for looking though.

i think its between the cdt's i listed and some of those from that website you guys showed me. wish i had an idea how any of these sounded first :(

i think its more of an install challenge now. ugh... dont want to do more glass

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

hertz high energy hv200 i believe is the model number, heard some kids active 3 way setup with them the other day they sounded pretty pleasant

i found an hx200. is that it? looks nice. i need to find a price though

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

no idea what box those need but you have 2 that are out of my price range and one thats too low end for what i want to do. thank you for looking though.

i think its between the cdt's i listed and some of those from that website you guys showed me. wish i had an idea how any of these sounded first :(

i think its more of an install challenge now. ugh... dont want to do more glass

i found a pdf file for one of the subs and the specs are in their if u wanna take a look...

http://www.cdtaudio.com/sub_woofers_08.htm

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

Try the Hertz ES 200, Hertz HV200, or the Rainbow W 200. Also, I would suggest an SPL Dynamics S-2002 if you go with the Hertz, and the S-1002 if you go with the Rainbow

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

hertz makes great speakers.... ive never heard rainbows but have only heard great things about them...

kicker used to make a descent 8" midbass driver... i dont know if they still make them.... i saw them on special a few years back at a local places old stock 70% off get it out of the store sale...

have you considered MB quarts or RE i think thats the company makes a nice midbass driver...

edit... it is RE that my buddy is using he bought a extra set of components and didnt use the tweeters... that kinda defeats what your plan is soo forget them...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

Skittles, I happen to like these: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=264-833

Frequency range is 30-800hz and they are 4 ohm woofers. Also the depth is only 4 3/4" so they could possibly fit in a door with some slight modifications. These would be my choice of an 8" midbass woofer if I were going to get some.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived